Cascade QRP Club Build Day

  • PHIL WESTOVER
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2009
      A plan is in place for our next club build.  Members of the Cascade QRP Club and the OTVARC are invited to participate in a meeting where several of us get together and assemble/solder a radio kit.

      Here's some details:

      DATE:  Saturday, April 25th

      TIME:  We'll meet at 9:00 am;  the meeting place is available all day, and I plan on staying there throughout the day til about 4:00 pm if necessary.  Anyone can leave early if they need to.

      LUNCH:  I recommend you bring a sack lunch.

      LOCATION:    Cedar Hills Baptist Church, 2470 SW Roxbury Ave,  Portland OR 97225
      (Hwy 217 Exit 1 Walker Rd Exit; Two blocks north of Walker Rd; Next to Roxbury Park

      WHAT WE'LL BE BUILDINGhttp://www.qrpkits.com/dcxxb.html

      A complete description of the $50 kit is available at the above link.  Many have asked, "Which band is the group going to build?"  The answer is that you should choose whatever band you would like.  98% of the kit's parts are common over any of bands and are kitted in a single bag.  2% of the parts are unique for each band, and those are provided (depending on the band chosen) in a small bag.

      Yes, there are a few toroid inductors to wind.  I personally enjoy this part of kits, and will gladly help anyone who needs it.

      If you're planning to participate, you should order your kit now, so that you'll be sure to receive it in time for the build.

      TOOLS:  Instead of me listing the tools here, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

      FIRST TIME or INEXPERIENCED KIT BUILDERS:  This is a great first time kit.  You might want to practice soldering a bit before working on the kit, however.  And if you would like some soldering instruction, please let me know.  We can arrange to have some practice circuit boards with some practice parts.

      That's it for now.  Please mark your calendars for April 25th when we can all get together for a lot of fun and fellowship!  And please confirm with me that you'll be attending, so I'll know how many donuts to buy!

      M-F during the daytime:  503-537-2719
      Evenings during the week and all day on weekends:  503-625-7323

    • ARS W6ABM
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2009
        My DC-20B is ordered. With shipping it was $57.50. They say 1 to 2 weeks for
        delivery.

        Everett

        On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:46 PM, PHIL WESTOVER <492commish@...> wrote:
        > A plan is in place for our next club build.  Members of the Cascade QRP Club
        > and the OTVARC are invited to participate in a meeting where several of us
        > get together and assemble/solder a radio kit.
        >
        > Here's some details:
        >
        > DATE:  Saturday, April 25th
        >
        > TIME:  We'll meet at 9:00 am;  the meeting place is available all day, and I
        > plan on staying there throughout the day til about 4:00 pm if necessary.
        > Anyone can leave early if they need to.
        >
        > LUNCH:  I recommend you bring a sack lunch.
        >
        > LOCATION:    Cedar Hills Baptist Church, 2470 SW Roxbury Ave,  Portland OR
        > 97225
        > (Hwy 217 Exit 1 Walker Rd Exit; Two blocks north of Walker Rd; Next to
        > Roxbury Park
        >
        > WHAT WE'LL BE BUILDING:  http://www.qrpkits.com/dcxxb.html
        >
        > A complete description of the $50 kit is available at the above link.  Many
        > have asked, "Which band is the group going to build?"  The answer is that
        > you should choose whatever band you would like.  98% of the kit's parts are
        > common over any of bands and are kitted in a single bag.  2% of the parts
        > are unique for each band, and those are provided (depending on the band
        > chosen) in a small bag.
        >
        > Yes, there are a few toroid inductors to wind.  I personally enjoy this part
        > of kits, and will gladly help anyone who needs it.
        >
        > If you're planning to participate, you should order your kit now, so that
        > you'll be sure to receive it in time for the build.
        >
        > TOOLS:  Instead of me listing the tools here, please feel free to let me
        > know if you have any questions.
        >
        > FIRST TIME or INEXPERIENCED KIT BUILDERS:  This is a great first time kit.
        > You might want to practice soldering a bit before working on the kit,
        > however.  And if you would like some soldering instruction, please let me
        > know.  We can arrange to have some practice circuit boards with some
        > practice parts.
        >
        > That's it for now.  Please mark your calendars for April 25th when we can
        > all get together for a lot of fun and fellowship!  And please confirm with
        > me that you'll be attending, so I'll know how many donuts to buy!
        >
        > 73,
        > Phil Westover, WA7URV
        > M-F during the daytime:  503-537-2719
        > Evenings during the week and all day on weekends:  503-625-7323

      • Gary Lippert
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
          Hi Everett,

          I also ordered the DC20B on March 17 and it arrived today (April 1).   You have to print the assembly manual from the website.   I will not be at the club build, but the kit looked to good to pass up!

          Gary, K7VBY

          --
          Gary and Flora Lippert
          Portland, OR, USA