Re: Anyone Interested in a Club Build?
- Several of you have responded; I appreciate that!Here's my responses:
I think that covers everyone who has responded so far. We'll keep talking this for awhile, including at the breakfast this Saturday.I'll get back to you all soon!- 73,Phil Westover, WA7URV
- To Dean, what is a "sudden receiver?"
- To Dick W7VPV, absolutely a guy could order the band he wants.
- To Everett W6ABM, you can never have too many radios! And once we get a date figured out, I would love to use the church again if that's possible. One other idea, Everett: Is there a way for me to publicize this soon through OTVARC?
- To Dave, W8NF: The way it works is that each of us order a kit within a reasonable time frame to fit with a date in the not-so-distant future where we all get together with tools, etc., and work through the project as a group. We try to make sure everyone is successful, including helping with soldering skills, winding toroids (which I think is something everyone should try at least once!), component identification, etc. It's kind of ham radio's version of a "quilting bee." (Will I get shot for writing that?) Anyway, it's a lot of fun.
- To JR, K7GFH, we would love to have you join us!