Re: Anyone Interested in a Club Build?

  • PHIL WESTOVER
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
      Several of you have responded;  I appreciate that!

      Here's my responses:
      1. To Dean, what is a "sudden receiver?"
      2. To Dick W7VPV, absolutely a guy could order the band he wants.
      3. To Everett W6ABM, you can never have too many radios!  And once we get a date figured out, I would love to use the church again if that's possible.  One other idea, Everett:  Is there a way for me to publicize this soon through OTVARC?
      4. To Dave, W8NF:  The way it works is that each of us order a kit within a reasonable time frame to fit with a date in the not-so-distant future where we all get together with tools, etc., and work through the project as a group.  We try to make sure everyone is successful, including helping with soldering skills, winding toroids (which I think is something everyone should try at least once!), component identification, etc.  It's kind of ham radio's version of a "quilting bee."  (Will I get shot for writing that?)  Anyway, it's a lot of fun.
      5. To JR, K7GFH, we would love to have you join us!
      I think that covers everyone who has responded so far.  We'll keep talking this for awhile, including at the breakfast this Saturday.

      I'll get back to you all soon!

      - 73,