FYBO ?

  • Wes Hayward
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2009
      Hi Phil and gang,

      I have been looking at the web to find something regarding FYBO for
      2009, but have found nothing. There was a general purpose contest
      site that had it listed as being 1400 to 2400Z on Feb 2, but that does
      not work, for it's not a weekend. Have any of you folks heard about
      the event. My son (ka7exm) and I had talked about going out to build
      an igloo for this year's event, but time is tight and I don't know if
      we can pull it off or not.

      Many thanks.

      73, Wes
      w7zoi
    • Dave Haupt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2009
        From Hank Greeb, as posted on the qrp-l list:

        >>> I've been advised that the FYBO 2009 will be held on February 7, 2009.

        >>> Rules will be the same as for 2008, but the scoring robot won't be used
        because some people ran into technical difficulties while using it.

        >>> The 2009 rules aren't on the web site yet, but the rules for 2008 may be
        found at http://www.azscqrpions.org/FYBO2008.htm Just change the date
        to 07 Feb 09 and you should be all set.

        >>> The major question between now and 07 February 2009 should be: "where
        to go to F)reeze Y)our B)... O)ff" in 2009. This should be high on the
        "to ponder" list.

        >>> Hope to see ya'll during FYBO 2009.

        Maybe by then I'll have enough of a portable kit to actually participate from the field....

        73,

        Dave W8NF

        72/73 de n8xx Hg<<<