PSK 20...NJ, 4 watts

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19 8:34 PM
    Dudes - Had not tried out the little fixed freq PSK-20 (three photos) since I re-tuned it to get the full 4 watts out (it was running 1.75 or so).  I sent out about 20 CQs, and answered 20 more, about to say "Hm, may have messed it up", when I called a K2 station and had a twenty minute text chat with New Jersey.  He said 100% copy, so I will pack that baby for my son's cabin this weekend.  The New Jersey dude got his license in 1954.

    QRP, low power, is fun, a different challenge than running 100 to 1,500 watts.  NJ is DX in the QRP world.  My long term goal is to work all states at 2.5 watts CW, and 4 watts PSK31 text.  I will focus more on that when I have all states done in all modes at 100 watts.  Low power CW will be the best in my mind.  I will use the Cub for 20, and will build the Cub for 40 meters at next build day.

    There it is.  -  73 Bob KM7Q