2 m moble Question

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2013

      Group - A buddy of mine in Medford, an earthquake guru, is getting his tech license for ARES work.  Any advice, for him, and me too, on used 2 m mobile radios.  I got an FT212RH on an impulse buy at a swap.  I like it, but never have done much VHF.

      He and I are hot to buy that new Yaesu FT2900 at HRO sale, but  I assumed I could use the same program to load all the repeater freqs as my FT60 hand held.  Seems all radios made by the same company should use the same software.

      Looks like this Yaesu on sale is manually programed, good enough for me, but I may just buy used then, a 1990s rig.  Any advice on used radios for 2 m mobile or if the FT 2900 is a win at $139??  Does Yaesu make a mobile that uses the same software as the FT60 hand held?  - Tnx  73  Mr Bob KM7Q