Re: Any Casade QRP Net?

  • w8nf
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
      --- In cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com, "Stewart Fletcher" <stewart@...> wrote:

      > Hi All:
      > I am a new member:Stewart Fletcher. I live out in White Salmon, WA
      > across the mighty Columbia from Hood River. I have been trying to
      > find other QRPers in the Portland Area far about one year and just now
      > found out about Cascade QRP.
      > Do you folks have a QRP net? I would like to see if I can listen in.
      > Also your group builds sound interesting. i do kit building but have
      > not tried built from scratch yet.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Stewart
      > KE7LKW
      > stewart@...

      Stewart, I had trouble finding any real local activity as well.

      The pQRP group holds an 80 meter CW net every Monday at 7pm local -
      3.551 MHz, although in the past few weeks, it's been found about 1kHz
      up from that. More details and regular reminders can be had by
      joining that Yahoogroup:

      pQRP is a bit more focused on scratch-building, using "ugly" and
      "Manhattan" methods, but since it also includes some of the "kit
      companies" in membership, kit-builders are a major part of the group
      as well. Although theoretically an all-encompassing Pacific Northwest
      group, it presently has more activity from Seattle than Portland. Of
      late, the net has struggled with band noise, and most ops have ended
      up QRO. Propagation has only been a bit of an issue, the main problem
      being a Texas traffic net on the same frequency is darned near as loud
      as local QRP ops!

      There have been a few off-group rumblings of a pQRP "face to face" at
      the next Swaptoberfest, as well, but nothing's solidified.

      Look forward to seeing you/hearing you in some local activity!

      73,

      Dave W8NF