Pruned today, 1.2:1 worst-Fan Dipole Combos...?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2013
    Floyd n the group.  I put my analyzer to work today, my find from the Salem meet.  I now have the 40, 30, 20, 10 meter dipoles at 1.2:1 or better on the PSK frequencies.  So, no tuner needed for the PSK at all, and with CW just below, and RTTY just above, the tuners only need to be used for SSB, my least used mode.

    I had taken readings on a very dry day last week, and in the rain today, they were the same, so a wet roof makes no diff in the SWR, though it could, in theory, effect radiation patterns.

    This eve is the SSB sprint, think I will give that a try.  Thanks for advice, will see how 40 goes as the sun cycle goes low. I just see so little on 40 and 30 PSK and SSB, maybe PSK is mainly a 20m thing. - Mr Bob