Any Casade QRP Net?

  • Stewart Fletcher
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2008
      Hi All:
      I am a new member:Stewart Fletcher. I live out in White Salmon, WA
      across the mighty Columbia from Hood River. I have been trying to
      find other QRPers in the Portland Area far about one year and just now
      found out about Cascade QRP.
      Do you folks have a QRP net? I would like to see if I can listen in.
      Also your group builds sound interesting. i do kit building but have
      not tried built from scratch yet.

      Thanks
      Stewart
      KE7LKW
      stewart@...
    • w8nf
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
        --- In cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com, "Stewart Fletcher" <stewart@...> wrote:

        > Hi All:
        > I am a new member:Stewart Fletcher. I live out in White Salmon, WA
        > across the mighty Columbia from Hood River. I have been trying to
        > find other QRPers in the Portland Area far about one year and just now
        > found out about Cascade QRP.
        > Do you folks have a QRP net? I would like to see if I can listen in.
        > Also your group builds sound interesting. i do kit building but have
        > not tried built from scratch yet.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Stewart
        > KE7LKW
        > stewart@...

        Stewart, I had trouble finding any real local activity as well.

        The pQRP group holds an 80 meter CW net every Monday at 7pm local -
        3.551 MHz, although in the past few weeks, it's been found about 1kHz
        up from that. More details and regular reminders can be had by
        joining that Yahoogroup:

        pQRP is a bit more focused on scratch-building, using "ugly" and
        "Manhattan" methods, but since it also includes some of the "kit
        companies" in membership, kit-builders are a major part of the group
        as well. Although theoretically an all-encompassing Pacific Northwest
        group, it presently has more activity from Seattle than Portland. Of
        late, the net has struggled with band noise, and most ops have ended
        up QRO. Propagation has only been a bit of an issue, the main problem
        being a Texas traffic net on the same frequency is darned near as loud
        as local QRP ops!

        There have been a few off-group rumblings of a pQRP "face to face" at
        the next Swaptoberfest, as well, but nothing's solidified.

        Look forward to seeing you/hearing you in some local activity!

        73,

        Dave W8NF