Saturday's Club Build

  • PHIL WESTOVER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2008
      Thanks to Everett W6ABM, Bob KC7KNY and Ed KQ1R for participating in our club build yesterday!  We all had fun keeping those surface mount parts in control (on the table!).  Most of the kits worked well after a bit of troubleshooting, and we all agreed we need to do this again soon!

      So keep on the lookout for a project that can be finished in the 5-6 hour time frame.  The Norcal S9 was perfect for that, so it can be used as a guideline.  You can see it at:  http://www.norcalqrp.org/s1s9generator.htm  The four of us agreed that we would even try another surface mount project;  we're gluttons for punishment!

      A special thanks to Everett for arranging the meeting place and the great coffee!  It's a great location, and we hope maybe we can meet there the next time we do a build.  Thanks to Ed for bringing along extra parts and an extra solder station.  And thanks to Bob's wife for the candy!  You just never can have enough of that!

      Oh, and don't forget, the July breakfast will be on the EAST SIDE!