Side Swiping Method...

  • wa7urv
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2013

      Hi Bob (and group),

      It's my bet that if you put this question up to larger forum, like eHam, you would create a huge thread of opinions on the matter.  When I was putting together some likes for our group on sideswiping, I was trying to find one I had found a while back that I'm sure the guy (an apparent expert) indicated it was an alternating swing no matter what.

      It may be a moot topic, because when you get right down to it, the end result is to have readable code coming out the antenna.  Whatever accomplishes that while working best for you is probably the answer.

      On another note, I've heard of guys taking two J-38s or two other basic straight keys (even the cheapy ones), attaching them base to base (in other words, the only way they would work is to sit the attached keys on their side) so that the knobs are on the left and right which immediately becomes a sideswiper if the two keys are attached in parallel.  Other than the famous hacksaw design, this was a common approach to making a sideswiper in years gone by.  It was way cheaper than buying a bug!

    • Bry Carling
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2013
        Cheaper than a bug, but lots of extra work to make the dits.

        492commish@... wrote:

[...]

        regards,
        Bry Carling

        --