Club Build Day, 2/16/2013, 9:00 am

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
      Group - In idea I mentioned before, bring a small show and tell item to breakfasts (not KW amps, little space at breakfasts).  Build day has more space, so show and tell of KW amps might work, Phil's call on that.

      Hope a bunch show up!!  :-)  Bob

      Date: Saturday February 16, 2013
      Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: WA7URV's Shop in Sherwood, OR
      Notes: A great opportunity to work on your kit or home brew project with fellow club members. You bring your own tools, or if you need tools, just let WA7URV know in advance. WA7URV provides work tables with extra lighting in his shop; please bring your own folding chair. Also, please bring your own sack lunch. WA7URV provides hot coffee (incl. cups, sweetener, creamer), but if you want to bring some goodies to share, that would be great.

      Upon arriving at WA7URV's home, please park along the street or off to the side in the upper driveway, not blocking the garage doors to allow the XYL to come and go.

      These have been very successful events in the past, especially when we get more than a couple of guys showing up. Please RSVP to Phil Westover, WA7URV, so that he can be best prepared for the group.

      For directions on how to get to WA7URV's shop, simply enter this address into Mapquest or Google Maps:

      31750 NE Canter Lane
      Sherwood, Oregon 97140

      If you have any questions about the event or what kind of project you could work on, please call:

      Phil Westover, WA7URV
      Home: 503-625-7323
      Cell: 503-476-4452

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
        Phil - Any word from others, will we have a quorum, or should I put that Ramsey 20 watt POWER amp on the shelf for next time.  If it is a go, I will be there, if not, the kit shall await !!  Build day does get competition from the Salem Ham Fair and the ARRL CW contest, but those happen all the time, ham fairs and contests, so hope to see some folks show up.  - Mr Bob KM7Q  kn

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 15, 2013
          Yes htere will be others, or should I say other. See you tomorrow.

          --- In cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com, "Bob C. and/or Pamela D." <pambob73@...> wrote:

          > Phil - Any word from others, will we have a quorum, or should I put that Ramsey 20 watt POWER amp on the shelf for next time.  If it is a go, I will be there, if not, the kit shall await !!  Build day does get competition from the Salem Ham Fair and the ARRL CW contest, but those happen all the time, ham fairs and contests, so hope to see some folks show up.  - Mr Bob KM7Q  kn
          >

          > >________________________________
          > >

          > >Reminder from:   cascadeqrp Yahoo! Group
          > >
          > >Title:   Cascade QRP Club Build Day
          > >
          > >Date:   Saturday February 16, 2013
          > >Time:   9:00 am - 4:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
          > >Location:   WA7URV's Shop in Sherwood, OR
          > >Notes:   A great opportunity to work on your kit or home brew project with fellow club members. You bring your own tools, or if you need tools, just let WA7URV know in advance. WA7URV provides work tables with extra lighting in his shop; please bring your own folding chair. Also, please bring your own sack lunch. WA7URV provides hot coffee (incl. cups, sweetener, creamer), but if you want to bring some goodies to share, that would be great.
          > >
          > >Upon arriving at WA7URV's home, please park along the street or off to the side in the upper driveway, not blocking the garage doors to allow the XYL to come and go.
          > >
          > >These have been very successful events in the past, especially when we get more than a couple of guys showing up. Please RSVP to Phil Westover, WA7URV, so that he can be best prepared for the group.
          > >
          > >For directions on how to get to WA7URV's shop, simply enter this address into Mapquest or Google Maps:
          > >
          > >31750 NE Canter Lane
          > >Sherwood, Oregon 97140
          > >
          > >If you have any questions about the event or what kind of project you could work on, please call:
          > >
          > >Phil Westover, WA7URV
          > >Home: 503-625-7323
          > >Cell: 503-476-4452
          > >
          > >Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and email.
          > >Edit reminder options Copyright © 2013
          >  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

        • Mr Bob
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 15, 2013
            Dean/Phil - See you at 0900.  Ill bring Irish cream for coffee!!  Bob

            From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

            --- In cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com, "Bob C. and/or Pamela D." wrote:

            > Phil - Any word from others, will we have a quorum, or should I put that Ramsey 20 watt POWER amp on the shelf for next time.  If it is a go, I will be there, if not, the kit shall await !!  Build day does get competition from the Salem Ham Fair and the ARRL CW contest, but those happen all the time, ham fairs and contests, so hope to see some folks show up.  - Mr Bob KM7Q  kn
            >

            > >________________________________
            > >

            > >Reminder from:   cascadeqrp Yahoo! Group
            > >
            > >Title:   Cascade QRP Club Build Day
            > >
            > >Date:   Saturday February 16, 2013
            > >Time:   9:00 am - 4:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
            > >Location:   WA7URV's Shop in Sherwood, OR
            > >Notes:   A great opportunity to work on your kit or home brew project with fellow club members. You bring your own tools, or if you need tools, just let WA7URV know in advance. WA7URV provides work tables with extra lighting in his shop; please bring your own folding chair. Also, please bring your own sack lunch. WA7URV provides hot coffee (incl. cups, sweetener, creamer), but if you want to bring some goodies to share, that would be great.
            > >
            > >Upon arriving at WA7URV's home, please park along the street or off to the side in the upper driveway, not blocking the garage doors to allow the XYL to come and go.
            > >
            > >These have been very successful events in the past, especially when we get more than a couple of guys showing up. Please RSVP to Phil Westover, WA7URV, so that he can be best prepared for the group.
            > >
            > >For directions on how to get to WA7URV's shop, simply enter this address into Mapquest or Google Maps:
            > >
            > >31750 NE Canter Lane
            > >Sherwood, Oregon 97140
            > >
            > >If you have any questions about the event or what kind of project you could work on, please call:
            > >
            > >Phil Westover, WA7URV
            > >Home: 503-625-7323
            > >Cell: 503-476-4452
            > >
            > >Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and email.
            > >Edit reminder options Copyright © 2013
            >  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

          • Dave Haupt
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 15, 2013
              Irish Cream.  Coffee.  Hot solder.  The smell of rosin.  This is a subset of heaven.

              I shall be doing home remodeling Sat and guest-oping in the ARRL DX CW 'test on Sunday.

              So I'll miss you guys.

              Darn it.

              Dave W8NF

              Dean/Phil - See you at 0900.  Ill bring Irish cream for coffee!!  Bob

              From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 17, 2013
                Group - Had a great build day at Phil's fine radio shack/build room.  The fire kept us warm, the coffee was good, the rag chewing and building always a good time.  I posted some photos on the group site, one album "Build Day Nov 12", is photos of the last build day.  "Build Day Feb 13" is this last weekend.  I also posted my mouse trap key on the "groups keys" album, and some new photos on "Bobs QRP Toys", and "Bobs Antennas".

                I tried to change a few album names to make them consistent with "Build Day, Month, Yr", but do not have site "permissions" to change others albums.  Seems the site would not let me change titles on a few of my own, though I could go in and add photos.

                I encourage others to add albums and show off toys and projects.  It is fun to look through others ideas.

                Phil, thanks again for the fun build days.  Soon as I get a few mica caps, I will see if I can make the Ramsey 20 watter work, or smoke.  I will bring the fine finished product to next breaky, unless I go to the Pyalupe Ham Fair, same day.  Never been to that ham fair, and never will  be able to spell the name of the town.  Hope I can do one of those this year.  I think I will choose going over spelling it right :-)   Mr Bob KM7Q kn