Fwd: [pQRP] Re: QRP Quarterly

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      Howdy,
      I don't see the QRP Quarterly querying the Cascade QRPers, so am forwarding this to you. The recent burn solder sessions are of interest to the editor, especially when he's struggling to get news.

      Mike KL7IXI
      A past Clubhouse Editor

      Sent from my iPad

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "tdettmann" <tdettmann@...>
      Date: November 28, 2012, 14:24:19 PST
      To: pQRP@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [pQRP] Re: QRP Quarterly

      Tim

      Terry Dettmann, WX7S here. As you know, we are very decidedly NOT a club and proud of it. We are just a bunch of guys interested in QRP. We expect to see something indicating an interest in QRP when we get a request to join. In the Pacific Northwest, we have an informal 'Pie & Coffee' get together monthly and we do a group operating event every year (Salmoncon). We keep in touch through our very private yahoo group and share projects and such freely.

      A number of our members have world-wide name recognition in QRP hardware and often lead projects for us. Less visible, but just as important are those whose interests are in antennas, propagation, and operational concerns. I'm posting this to the group so anyone with an interest can query you about writing an article for you.

      Our membership is world-wide and we encourage other areas to start their own, informal P&C get togethers. We found that when we strip off all the 'club' stuff, meetings become much more interesting and people will do whatever they can to get there. Some of our members are disabled, but they engage as far as they can.

      Currently, people have been working with Software control of radios ... How to interface & how to build.

      Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know. Feel free to write me directly at tdettmann@....

      Terry WX7S