Club Build Project

  • PHIL WESTOVER
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2008
      This was sent to a group that was on my "club-build" list, but I have copied it to the entire Cascade QRP Club list just in case someone else might be interested.  So for those on my build list, you'll receive two of these notices.  Thanks for your patience!  - WA7URV

      Hey Guys!

      You all probably thought I had given up on a club build!  Not a chance!

      Here's what I propose:

      We'll each build a surface mount kit from the Norcal QRP Club.  The kit will be their $30 S9 Signal Generator.  The information is here:

      Here's how we'll go about doing this:
      1. We'll each order one (or more) of the kits.
      2. When you've ordered and received the kit, let me know via email.
      3. My thought is to give us all the month of April to get the kit.  So at the end of April, we'll know who all is interested in doing this.
      4. Once we know how many have the kit, we'll announce a build day, time and meeting place that fits everyone's schedule.
      5. Then we'll DO IT!
      The kit is not 100% surface mount, but there's enough SMT parts on it that you'll need really good eyesight, or it you're like me, some good magnifiers.  I'm sure if you don't have any, we'll be able to procure them on loan.

      This could be a great opportunity for you to invite a friend to join in.  Maybe someone you know who's always talked about getting into ham radio, but hasn't taken the leap.

      Please feel free to invite anyone to join us!

      As soon as I hit the "send" button, I'm ordering my kit!

      - 73