My New FT897 Wont Tune..

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012

      Hello Group - My new FT897 just quit tuning.  I was tuning around during the SSB contest and all of a sudden the freq will not change when tuning the main dial.   At first it slowed way down, even on "fast track" mode, then it quit all together, just the last digit "twittering" tween two numbers like its trying to move a Hz or two.   I checked to be sure the "lock knob" button had not been bumped, also checked the 100 menu settings, none of them effect the tuning speed.   Guess I am grounded till I get the rig to HRO.  It is still under warranty.

      Any one experience this, or know of someone who did with an FT897/857?  Also, does HRO take in the warranty repairs, or do I have to send to Yaesu direct?   Oh well, no SSB contest today.  At least 14.070 is in a memory, so I can play on PSK until I take it in !!   - Mr Bob KM7Q