Cascade QRP Club Breakfast - NEW WEST SIDE LOCATION - Peppermill Restaurant, 6/9/2012, 9:00 am

  • cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 8:56 AM
      Reminder from: cascadeqrp Yahoo! Group

      Title: Cascade QRP Club Breakfast - NEW WEST SIDE LOCATION - Peppermill Restaurant

      Date: Saturday June 9, 2012
      Time: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the second Saturday until Saturday June 9, 2012.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 4 days, 3 minutes.
      Location: See Notes Below
      Notes: Starts around 9:00 a.m. (but some show up a little earlier!)

      We call this a club, but there are NO DUES, NO ROSTER, NO RULES, NO CLUB OFFICERS! This is simply a group of people who love amateur radio and love to talk about it! Most of us enjoy QRP (low power), but because there are no rules, it doesn't matter what you enjoy about ham radio! In fact, you don't even need to be a ham radio operator to join us at breakfast! (We can help you get started!) Just show up and have a great breakfast with some great company!

      We’re trying a new WEST SIDE location:

      Peppermill Restaurant
      17455 SW Farmington Rd, Aloha, OR
      (503) 642-5193

      Whoever shows up first should let the Peppermill people know that there will as few as two or three and as many as nine or ten.

      EAST SIDE LOCATION:

      Home Town Buffet
      10542-A SE Washington Street, Portland 97216-2809 (105th and SE Washington)

      Plug either of these into Mapquest for good directions:

      FUTURE BREAKFAST MEETINGS AND LOCATIONS
      2012

      April 14: WEST SIDE
      May 12: WEST SIDE
      May 19: Club Build Day at WA7URV's Shop/Shack
      June 9: WEST SIDE

      July 7: EAST SIDE
      August 11: EAST SIDE
      August 18: Club Build Day at WA7URV's Shop/Shack
      September 8: EAST SIDE

      October 13: WEST SIDE
      November 10: WEST SIDE
      November 10: Club Build Day at WA7URV's Shop/Shack
      December 8: WEST SIDE

      Phil, WA7URV
      Daytime (weekdays): 503-537-2719
      Evenings and weekends: 503-625-7323 email: 492commish comcast.net

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
        Hello Group - Bob KM7Q, plans to be at Saturdays breakfast.

        I have an advice question.  I plan to sell my FT-817, T-1 tuner and my base station, IC-735 with its supply and tuner, then put all the money together and buy either a Yaesu FT-897 or ICOM IC-7200, both can be played with QRP, or 100w.

        Any advice between these two radios.  Reviews favor the IC-7200 for receiver quality, and favor the FT-897 for add on toys, portability, and the 2 m, 70 cm fm.  Seems a mix on eham, etc.  Have any of you played with both, or have advice on them. - Mr Bob

      • cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2012
            Hello - I am going to the Blues fest today and the Blues cruise is from 1300 to 0200 local, so I will likely be sleeping when the breakfast occurs tomorrow.

            I will be hiking in Walawas on August 11 breaky day, but WILL be at build day, August 18th. - 73 Mr Bob KM7Q

          • floftis@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2012
              the breakfast is on the 14th of July

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2012
                VHF All-Mode (yes, FM too) Breakfast is East side at the Hometown Buffet by Mall 205 at 8:00 am 7/7/2012

                I have a meeting for the Portland Bridge swim at the Elmers same time but hope to get over to the Hometown buffet if I get done early.
                 Tom Popp - KA0TP

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 8, 2012
                  Thanks Much, 14 July, I will be there !!  TNX again - Mr Bob