URGENT: Please respond with your restaurant preference

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
      Hello All,

      I've been doing some thinking about breakfast locations. Because we aren't a group of significant size, nor do we have a consistent attendance, I'm thinking that we simply should choose a location and see how it goes for a month. So please don't think of this as a locked-in deal; we will do what the group wants to do, but because of the timing, someone needs to make the call on where we go. So I'll do that.

      The three choices that came to mind were:

      Peppermill Restaurant
      17455 Southwest Farmington Road # 26B, Aloha, OR
      (This is the location for OTVARC meetings)

      Davidson's
      12830 SW Pacific Highway
      (This is located on the same side of 99w as the former Hometown Buffet, but a little closer to HRO)

      HomeTown Buffet
      3790 Southwest Hall Boulevard, Beaverton, OR
      (I put this in year in case someone has a passion about eating at HomeTown Buffet.

      I've listed these in the order I would prefer, but I'm only one vote. Please let me know as soon as possible as to what your preference would be. Remember, it's for a one time tryout. If you have other restaurant ideas, that is a good thing; however, because of timing, I propose we choose just from the list above for the April breakfast.

      73,
      Phil Westover WA7URV
    • Dave Haupt
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
        Note that OTVARC has not met at Peppermill for about two years...they grew too big. However, Peppermill still hosts ARES meetings and a couple of net meetings every month, so they can accommodate regular ham meetings of some size.

        OTVARC now meets at Sunset Presbyterian church off 26 and 158th.

        My vote is for Peppermill. If we met there, I can think of at least two other active QRP/outdoor adventure guys I could get to join the gang.

        Dave

        > I've been doing some thinking about breakfast
        > locations.  Because we aren't a group of significant
        > size, nor do we have a consistent attendance, I'm thinking
        > that we simply should choose a location and see how it goes
        > for a month.  So please don't think of this as a
        > locked-in deal; we will do what the group wants to do, but
        > because of the timing, someone needs to make the call on
        > where we go.  So I'll do that.
        >
        > The three choices that came to mind were:
        >
        > Peppermill Restaurant
        > 17455 Southwest Farmington Road # 26B, Aloha, OR
        > (This is the location for OTVARC meetings)
        >
        > Davidson's
        > 12830 SW Pacific Highway
        > (This is located on the same side of 99w as the former
        > Hometown Buffet, but a little closer to HRO)
        >
        > HomeTown Buffet
        > 3790 Southwest Hall Boulevard, Beaverton, OR
        > (I put this in year in case someone has a passion about
        > eating at HomeTown Buffet.
        >
        > I've listed these in the order I would prefer, but I'm only
        > one vote.  Please let me know as soon as possible as to
        > what your preference would be.  Remember, it's for a
        > one time tryout.  If you have other restaurant ideas,
        > that is a good thing; however, because of timing, I propose
        > we choose just from the list above for the April breakfast.
        >
        > 73,
        > Phil Westover WA7URV

        >     cascadeqrp-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Pambob

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
            I like the way you're thinking!  It's all about guys getting together and yammering about radio.

            Not being close to HRO is no problem for me.  Homebrewers don't really find much we need there.  Now, if it were closer to Fry's.....

            Dave W8NF

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
              Hmmm, Fry's !!!  Had not thought of Fry's.  Then for me, it would be HRO on the way back to NoPo.  Hmmmm  Fry's !!!  Always need something from there.  Hell, don't THEY have a restaurant.  Now that would be good, food n tech in ONE place.  Hmmm - Bob KM7Q

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
                Yeah, think of what Fry's has to offer.  Project cases, test equipment, alligator clips, resistors and capacitors of all manner, I think they even have ARRL publications.  No radios though, but we QRPers BUILD our radios, we don't buy them!

                ;)

                Dave W8NF

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2012
                  Phil et al,
                  I am good with any of the places. Will do my best to be there as often as possible no matter where we meet on the West side.

                  Interesting discussion re meeting near Fry's...how about meeting some place in Wilsonville every month and get away from the East Side, West Side thing? That would give me a good excuse to go to Fry's once a month whether I need to buy anything or not.

                  73,
                  Jim W7HOW

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2012
                    I would vote Willsonville too for the same reason.  I have a horrible time going all the way down there for a few connectors, a resistor or two that "the shack" doesn't have.  Going to the breakfast gives me TWO reasons to roll that far south.  I vote Willsonville, as close to Fry's front door as possible.  That "town loop" must have a place that would fit our style for high cuisine :-) - Bob, KM7Q.  Anyone know the area and a place that would work??

                    "A hamburger, will you have Fry's with that?"  - Mr Bob

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2012

                      There is a Shari’s next door to Fry’s.  the Restaurant inside frys …isn’t really a restaurant…it’s more of a canteen.

                      There’s also one in King City; and Tualatin…All Serve Breakfast and/or lunch with/without coffee.  Not sure if the Fry’s canteen does breakfast.  Also…Shari’s is open 24x7 and the Fry’s canteen opens @ 9am on Saturday … I believe.

                      My vote: Shari’s!

                      -James

                      I am good with any of the places. Will do my best to be there as often as possible no matter where we meet on the West side.

                      Interesting discussion re meeting near Fry's...how about meeting some place in Wilsonville every month and get away from the East Side, West Side thing? That would give me a good excuse to go to Fry's once a month whether I need to buy anything or not.

                      73,
                      Jim W7HOW

                      [cascadeqrp] URGENT: Please respond with your restaurant preference

                      Mon, 02 Apr 2012 00:35:57 -0000

                      Phil <492commish@...>