Re: [cascadeqrp] Texas Topper & WA2EUJ Linear

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 15, 2012
      Hello - Thanks Dean for the tip.  I am ready for the next build day, or two even.  I have ordered the "Texas Toper" and an MFJ Cub kit for 20 meters to drive it.  Always look forward to build day !!

      Had my first EVER play on RTTY, using MMTTY software this weekend.  Jumped in the contest and had a great time, 22 states, Argentina, Brazil, Japan and Canada, all with the FT 817 at five watts.

      I am looking at building a 30-50 linear for the 817 too, the WA2EUJ linear that won the ARRL homebrew challenge, and now is available as a kit.   See you all at next QRP breakfast.  73 Bob KM7Q

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 16, 2012
        Would you email me the address to your shop.

        Rick K7RMC @...

        To: cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com
        From: 492commish@...
        Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 04:17:30 +0000
        Subject: [cascadeqrp] 2012 Calendar Posted to YahooGroups Site

        I've posted up the Cascade QRP Club calendar for 2012.

        We've got breakfast meetings again on the 2nd Saturday of each month, alternating by quarters between the east and west sides. There has been discussion about only having them on the west side, but no one has complained or made strong suggestions otherwise, so I'll hold to the current plan unless I hear resounding input otherwise.

        I've also again set one day per quarter for a build day. These will again be at my shop. They are in February, May, August and November. The November Build Day is on the same day as the breakfast; it will just start a little later in the day (11:00am)

        We have had reduced attendance at the build days. I don't exactly know why, other than everyone's schedule is pretty busy. I do need to prepare the shop for these build days; I hope we continue to have enough guys show up that makes it worthwhile to run them. Please get them on your calendar as soon as you can so you can plan for them. Any suggestions on making these work better for everyone would be greatly appreciated.

        I hope you all don't mind receiving a couple of notices for each breakfast and build day. That's how I've set it up this year; I think it's fairly similar to last year.

        Anyway, I wish everyone the best in the coming year!

      • pambob73
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 16, 2012
          31750 NE. Canter, Sherwood.

          From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.