Cascade QRP Club Breakfast -- EAST SIDE, 7/9/2011, 9:00 am

  • cascadeqrp@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 8:57 AM
      Reminder from: cascadeqrp Yahoo! Group

      Title: Cascade QRP Club Breakfast -- EAST SIDE

      Date: Saturday July 9, 2011
      Time: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the second Saturday until Saturday September 10, 2011.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 6 days, 2 minutes.
      Location: Home Town Buffet, EAST SIDE
      Notes: Starts around 9:00 a.m. (but some show up a little earlier!)

      We call this a club, but there are NO DUES, NO ROSTER, NO RULES, NO CLUB
      OFFICERS! This is simply a group of people who love amateur radio and love to
      talk about it! Most of us enjoy QRP (low power), but because there are no rules,
      it doesn't matter what you enjoy about ham radio! In fact, you don't even need
      to be a ham radio operator to join us at breakfast! (We can help you get
      started!) Just show up and have a great breakfast with some great company!

      Both east and west side locations are Home Town Buffet (formerly Old Country
      Buffet). Plug either of these into Mapquest for good directions:

      EAST SIDE: 10542-A SE Washington Street, Portland 97216-2809 (105th and SE
      Washington)

      WEST SIDE: 13500 SW Pacific Highway, Tigard 97213-4804 (Not too far from Ham
      Radio Outlet!)

      FUTURE BREAKFAST MEETINGS AND LOCATIONS

      2011

      January 8: EAST SIDE
      February 12: EAST SIDE
      March 12: EAST SIDE
      March 19: Club Build Day at WA7URV's Shop/Shack

      April 9: WEST SIDE
      May 14: WEST SIDE
      May 21: Club Build Day at WA7URV's Shop/Shack
      June 11: WEST SIDE

      July 9: EAST SIDE
      August 13: EAST SIDE
      August 20: Club Build Day at WA7URV's Shop/Shack
      September 10: EAST SIDE

      October 8: WEST SIDE
      November 12: WEST SIDE
      November 19: Club Build Day at WA7URV's Shop/Shack
      December 10: WEST SIDE

      Phil, WA7URV
      Daytime (weekdays): 503-537-2719
      Evenings and weekends: 503-625-7323 email: 492commish comcast.net

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6 3:42 PM
        Hello - Mr Bob, KM7Q will be there.  I will bring my special QRP "key", and maybe some photos if I get my act together.  See you all on Saturday. - Mr Bob

        Title: Cascade QRP Club Breakfast -- EAST SIDE

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8 8:57 AM

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17 10:06 PM
            Hello - Bob, KM7Q here.  I have my QRP kits in good shape, a KX-1, a Yaesu FT817, and a couple of Rock Mites, mini dipoles, poles, keys, netbook, all set.  My son also has a small "tough shed" cabin with NO power.

            Now we are thinking of a simple 12 volt system for the radios, a few LED lights in the cabin, some USB chargers, little things.

            Question is, I am looking for a deep discharge 12 v lead acid type battery.  Can any of you advise a
            best brand
            best price
            best type, ie Wet, AGM, Gel.?

            I have some little 8AH batteries, but for the whole cabin, we are thinking 40 to 80 AH.

            We may add a solar charger later, but for now will bring the battery home from one to two day weekend type trips.

            Thanks for any advice.  I still plan to get some photos up on the site of recent ventures I have been on.  I was able to set up three poles, a dipole, the 817, tuners, batteries, and be on the air in 16 minutes in a buddies back yard in Medford.  After getting NO contacts for 40 minutes, I contacted Kazakhstan!!   Big surprise after having no response to my answering CQs in Caly and Texas, usually easy to get for QSOs.  TNX 73, Bob