WA7URV'S High Voltage Power Supply

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2011
      Hi Everybody!

      I thought I would upload some photos and the schematic of my latest project, a power supply for my Collins KWM-2 that supplies 800+ VDC, 300 VDC, -55 to -80 DC Bias and 6.3 volts for filaments. When it's done with all the metal work, I'll be looking at a minimum of 50 pounds! Anyway, I've got the breadboard stage, which is shown in the photos. I'm learning a lot.

      (Fred and Floyd: Remember the "problem" I had with the 800 v circuit? It was only supplying half that voltage. Well, it was set up with the center tap as Floyd pointed out, which is why it supplied only 400 volts. Now I've added to the tube some silicon rectifiers that make it an un-center-tapped full wave circuit, and I get the big volts out it now!)

      Anyway, check out the breadboard photos (in the photos area of the site) and the schematic (in the files area of the site).

      See you all soon at breakfast in a few weeks!