Trivia Question

  • Jan Anderson
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 10, 2007
      Glacier
      Don't forget this week's trivia question......for those who are new, go to our website at www.caryvention8.com and then navigate to the trivia page. Lots of fun for all! (Answers must be in by 6 pm pacific time on Tuesdays)

      For more fun check out the trivia question on Debbie's homepage (www.carygrant.net) AND try the Guess the Movie at www.cgmtv.com (that one has to be done by about 11 pm pacific time Sunday night).

      Good luck!

      Jan, Audrey, Esther

      www.caryvention8.com
      A Cruise to Remember, September 21-24, 2007

      www.carygrantconventions.com
      Pictures and stories from past Caryventions

    • cv trivia
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 13, 2007
        Apologies to those getting this twice, but there are some members of the caryvention group who are not in the warbride group........in any event, check out our trivia question for this week.......go to

        www.caryvention8.com and navigate to the trivia page. Lots of fun!

        Jan, Audrey, Esther

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 25, 2007
          Caryvention planning session is over, we're all back home and the missig pics on the website are no longer missing.

          There are a couple of regulars we haven't heard from this week.........and all newcomers are welcome!  Get your answer in by 6 pm Pacific Time Tuesday. Good luck!!

          Jan, Esther, Audrey

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
            Congrtulations to our 12 winners for last week's trivia question.

            The question was

            During filming of An Affair to Remember,
            co-star Cathleen Nesbitt was also co-staring in which stage production?

            and the answer was

            My Fair Lady

             • Carol, PA
             • Cheryl, TX
             • Debbie, MD
             • Gina, NV
             • Irena, Israel
             • June, Scotland
             • Karen, IL
             • Kim, IN
             • LeeAnn, TN
             • Lisa, PA
             • Nancy, TX
             • Tonya, WI

            For the new question starting March 13, please go to our website at www.caryvention8.com and navigate to the Trivia page. Good luck! We welcome new players at any time.

            Note that we're featuring Houseboat (making our way through water-themed Cary movies) on the home page and the How to Register page. FYI, for those who aren't patient with the slow downloads (or whose systems download particularly slowly), this clip is quite a bit shorter than recent ones.

            Jan, Audrey, Esther

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
              Okay gang, the Trivia Question for the week of April 3 is finally up. I'm so sorry to be so late.

              My mother died very unexpectedly last Thursday and as you might imagine life has been just a bit complicated since then. I knew I had time to upload everything this evening, but didn't take into account that I'd be dealiing with dial-up. So I waited until I got back to my brother's (where we're staying) and then had nothing but trouble!!!!!

              We had 12 winners last week.....honestly to goodness, I've lost the exact wording of the questiion but it was something like

              "Deborah Kerr first trained in dance at her aunt's school in what city?"

              and the answer------

              Bristol!!

              Our winners were:

              Chery, TX
              Debbie, MD
              Gina, NV
              Irena, Israel
              Janine, New Zealand
              June, Scotland
              Karen, IL
              Kim, IN
              LeeAnn, TN
              Lisa, PA
              Nancy, TX
              Tonya, WI
              To answer this week's question go to www.caryvention8.com and navigate to the Trivia page. Good luck!! And again my apologies for being so late..it looks like several of you went to the site looking for the question.

              Jan

              --
              www.caryvention8.com
              A Cruise to Remember, September 21-24, 2007
            • Vi Rohn
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
                My deepest sympathy Jan.

                Vi

                cv trivia <cvtrivia@...> wrote:
[...]

                Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

              • Jan Anderson
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
                  Thanks very much Vi.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007

                    Hello Jan,
                    Please accept my deepest condolences.
                    Take care,
                    Thinking about you,
                    Irena.
                  • Jan Anderson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 5, 2007
                      Thanks so much Irena. I appreciate it.

                      jan

                        fyi - Pls accept my condelences for the unexpected loss of your Mom, Jan.

                        Cynthia.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 6, 2007
                          Thanks Cynthia, I really appreciate it. The services are tomorrow and we've been really busy and it's been only a week but it's not any easier yet and from what I'm told it won't be for a while. :-(

                          jan

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007

                            Congratulations to our 15 winners!

                            Cheryl, TX
                            Debbie, MD
                            Diane, MI
                            Dorothy, Scotland
                            Irena, Israel
                            Janine, NZ
                            June, Scotland
                            Karen, IL
                            Kim, IN
                            LeeAnn, TN
                            Lisa, PA
                            Miki, CZ
                            Nancy, TX
                            Nina, Scotland
                            Tonya, WI

                            for answering the following:

                            In which movie did An Affair To Remember co-star
                            Deborah Kerr appear topless?

                            with

                            The Gypsy Moths

                            For this week's question go to www.caryvention8.com and navigate to the trivia page. Good luck!

                            Please also note that several of the pages, including the FAQ and logistics pages, have been updated.

                            Jan, Audrey, Esther

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007

                              16 winners! Congratulations to:

                              Cherie, PA
                              Cheryl, TX
                              Debbie, MD
                              Diane, MI
                              Dorothy, Scotland
                              Gina, NV
                              Irena, Israel
                              Janine, NZ
                              June, Scotland
                              Karen, IL
                              Kim, IN
                              LeeAnn, TN
                              Lisa, PA
                              Miki, CZ
                              Nancy, TX
                              Tonya, WI

                              for answering the following:

                              CBS executives offered Lucille Ball a TV deal with ________
                              (first and last name of person)
                              but she refused, insisting on her husband Desi Arnaz as her TV husband.

                              with

                              Richard Denning

                              Congratultions to Debbie for holding onto first place and welcome back Gina!

                              Good luck with this week's question...found at www.caryvention8.com (and navigate to the trivia page).

                              Jan, Audrey, Esther

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 24, 2007

                                Congratulations to our 13 winners this week!

                                Carol, PA
                                Cherie, PA
                                Cheryl, TX
                                Debbie, MD
                                Diane, MI
                                Dorothy, Scotland
                                Irena, Israel
                                Karen, IL
                                Kim, IN
                                Lisa, PA
                                Miki, CZ
                                Morag, UK
                                Nancy, TX

                                for answering the following:

                                Tomorrowland composer Lionel Newman got his early start
                                as band director for which CG co-star?

                                with

                                Mae West

                                Lisa is moving up.....and several who have not yet made it to the top eight are also moving up! Way to go!!

                                This week's question is posted at www.caryvention8.com (go to the Trivia page)......Good luck!

                                Jan, Esther, Audrey