I'd like to know how many are coming on the cruise

  • Vi Rohn
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
      It's for our exchange. I need to get started, and want to know how
      many to make?

      Also, I haven't been able to chat with the group for a long time, so I
      just wanted to say Hi to all, and I am looking forward to seen some of
      you again, and meeting those of you I didn't meet in Bristol.

      Vi
    • Jan Anderson
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
        I'm looking forward to meeting you too Vi! As I am also looking forward to meeting the others I haven't met and re-acquainting with those that I have met.

        At present we are expecting between 30-35 people.....but please all of you be aware that this could change. We do still have space available....and there are a few people who have signed up, knowing that they may have to cancel due to other obligations.

        Am curious who has been to which caryventions? I think comes closest to having been to all of them.

        I have been to Bristol '99, Hollywood 2000 and Houston 2006........and so much looking forward to A Cruise to Remember in 2007!!!!!!

        jan

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
          Thanks Jan,

          I do realize that there could be more, or less going on the cruise, I just wanted a ball park idea.  I was to Caryvention VI, in 04.  We had a really good time.  It was the first time I was outside the US, except for a short, half day trip to Canada with my family.

          As for the question that was posted about who was and was not on a cruise before, and have we ever been to Mexico.   It's funny, I've lied in Phoenix for 30 years, and have never been in Mexico.

          My Great Grandfather was a sea Captain, but I don't suppose that counts.  I was born in NY and my Dad used to go deep sea fishing, but he thought I was too little to go with him, (Dad died when I was 9), so the biggest boat I have ever been on was ferry that went from Brooklyn to Lady Liberty.  We left NY right after Dad died, and haven't been on a boat since.

          I am so excited about this trip.  Like Kim said, all these firsts!

          Before I close, I will ask one more question.  Have we any idea of the Logo yet?

          Vi

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
            I've lived most of my life in California and the last few in Arizona and I've only been to Mexico once and that was 30 years ago.

            And no we don't have a logo yet......watch for information on that coming soon.

            We've been trying to get through the holidays and will start posting more in the near future.

            Welcome aboard to all joining us!

          • CherylTrahan@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
              I have been to all but the very first one in Florida - I had just joined the list and couldn't image meeting up with all those wackos!!!

              Jan, of the 30-35 coming, how many would be Warbrides? I will only be making  my goodies for the Warbrides, not for everyone coming on the cruise.

              Hi Vi, longtime no hear! Nice that you are coming on the cruise, I look forward to seeing you again.

              Cheryl

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                Same here... the number of Warbrides is the gift exchange from my history.

                Are there really 30 Warbrides coming?

                And Vi -- great to hear from you!

                Nancy

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                  Hi Cheryl, and all,

                  No, as I said before, I haven't been able to chat on line.  As you may or may not know, I am my Mother's caretaker.  She is an Alzheimer's victim.  Her care has become a 26 hour a day job.  (yes I know there is only 24 hrs. in a day, that's why I have no time!!)

                  Kim T,, bless her heart, has convinced me that I need a break.  And since I seem to be talking to myself a lot these days, I agreed with her.  For those of you who have never had anything to do with an Alzheimer's victim, I talk to myself for the same reason a mother of a toddler does.  I need some intelligent conversation.  I am going to try to set some care up for Mom for while I'm gone.  My daughter stayed here with her in 04, but she is no longer able to do that, as she no longer works from her home.  If I can't set something up by June, I will have to drop out, but I hope that doesn't happen.

                  Although I haven't been on the website is a great long time, I still consider myself a Warbride, and always will.  I own all of Cary's Movies, some documentaries, some commercials he's done, as well as books, pictures, etc.  I have been a CG fan for so long ALL of my friends describe me as; "You know, that gal who is crazy about Cary Grant!"  and the reply is always; "Oh, her, yeah, I know her from . . . . "

                  See you all soon!

                  Vi

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 7, 2007
                    Good luck Vi. I know that there are lots of good caregivers out there... maybe you could even find someone to spell you once a week, of part of a day a week so that you get a break.

                    jan

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 7, 2007
                      THanks for the good wishes, Jan, that's not a bad idea

                      Vi

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 7, 2007

                        Sorry for no snipping...apparently we need to change our settings in order to be able to do that.

                        Right now we have about 35 traveling on the cruise......we're anticipating that gifts would be appropriate for 20-25 of them.....it's really a little soon to know. If you're making your own and need to get started, if I were you I'd figure on 20 and then check in later; if I was buying, I'd wait until a little closer to the event!

                        jan

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 9, 2007
                          Hi Nancy,

                          Nice to be chatting with the group again.  Can't wait to see everyone.

                          Vi

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
                            Hey there all!! I am checking in late but checking in all the same. :) I am definitely going to be there- this will be my 3rd Carvention. I was at the Minneapolis one in 2003 and Bristol 2004. I am really looking forward to it and I have to say to Audrey, Jen and Esther WOW the Caryvention 8 website is totally amazing!! What a great resource you guys!

                            I have been on one other cruise- it was my honeymoon and it was a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and New Orleans. It was a lot of fun- almost 10 years ago! And I look forward to this cruise a lot.

                            Good to see all of you- I can't wait to meet some of you and see some of you again!

                            Tonya

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
                              Hey Tonya,

                              last count from Jan was -

                              As of now we have about 35 people traveling with us, but some of those are family members
                              with no Cary interest. Our best estimate right now is 20-25 people for gifts, if you choose to
                              bring them.

                              Can't wait to see you!

                              Nancy
                            • caryvention8
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 23, 2007
                                We're looking forward to having you on the cruise. And thanks for
                                the compliment on the website. We've all had a lot of fun with it.

                                I believe Nancy covered your other questions; If not please email
                                again!

                                Jan, Esther, Audrey

                                --- In caryvention8@yahoogroups.com, "Tonya Hatfield"