Re: Eva Carswell / Nivie Elvis Turner

  • emparson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2004
      Hello Nancy,
      I hope that someone hear will know the folks that you are inquiring
      about. There are lot of Smith and Carswell in the Morganton, Burke
      area. There are probably some that are kin to the ones that you are
      talking about. I will keep an eye out for these names and let you
      know if I find anything. You might want to read through some of these
      postings. They may spark something for you.. I hope so. Also check
      the links that go along with this site . You will see Links listed to
      the left one this Yahoo screen. You might if you haven't already go
      to the McDowell county site. It can be reached thru the links that
      are on this site. Good luck and Happy Hunting. Ellen

      --- In carswellsburkecountync@yahoogroups.com, "nancybaker37690"
      <nancybaker37690@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, my name is Nancy Baker and I just joined the group...thank
      you!
      > I am searcing for Eva Carswell who married Nivie Elvis Turner. They
      > had a son by the name of Nivie Elvis Jr. who married my cousin,
      Betty
      > Jean Smith who was the daughter of Robert Homer and Lovie Hill
      Smith
      > of McDowell County NC. Betty and her husband are still alive, as
      far
      > as I know. I haven't seen her in many, many years. Actually, I
      > wouldn't even know her if I met her on the street...I know that is
      > shame, but I grew up in Florida and wasn't around my cousins. If
      > anyone has this family in their database, I sure would love to have
      > the information.
      > Thanks,
      > Nancy Baker
    • nancybaker37690
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2004
        Thank you Ellen, I hope someone can help me out here. I also have
        Baker relatives on my husbands side of the family from there also.
        They originated from Andrew Baker on to Simon Baker...--- In
        carswellsburkecountync@yahoogroups.com, emparson <no_reply@y...>