Hi

  • Chanda
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      I am new to the site and I am very interested in finding out more on
      my husbands family. I have been married to John Wayne Carswell since
      1994 and between myself and my in-laws, we are trying to find members
      of he family. Since father-in-laws situation makes it dificult to
      track people, I kind of need all the help I can get! I know he is
      from the Burke Co area and his fathers name is Clyde. I don't know
      anything about his mother. He has 4 or 5 brothers and 3 sisters. ( I
      think) They are scattered from here to Arizona. I would appreciate
      any help that you can give me on how to start finding people. Thank
      you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!!

      John and Chanda Carswell
    • emparson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hi Chanda,
        That is a pretty name. I am so glad that you have joined our group. I
        have a few questions for you. Was your husband born in Burke County,
        NC. Would that be Clyde Cecil Carswell? I have a lot of books with
        information in them from Burke County, NC. I have a large print out
        of the deaths, births and marriages. and I do see a Clyde Cecil
        Carswell in here who and the mother was or is Bertha Lee Biggerstaff.
        The child's name was Cathie Dianne Carswell, born 03/22/1941.

        Then there is a Clyde Nolan Carswell, with mother Ethel Louise Moody,
        with a child Renae Lynn Carswell, born 06/15/1969. I don't know if
        any of this is any help. If you can give me a little more information
        so I will know where to start looking. If you know the age of his
        father. and just anything you do know. to put us in the right
        direction. Good luck. I hope you are sucessful in your search. Ellen

        --- In carswellsburkecountync@yahoogroups.com, "Chanda"