Hi

  • Amanda
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2003
      I hope this finds all well. I am still looking for stuff on my dad's
      side...It is just mass confusion since my grandma was a Radford
      before she married my grandpa. Funny thing there is that my mom was
      a Radford before she married my dad. But I haven't found any direct
      relation so far. I just wish I had more to go on. ggrrrrrr

      Happy Easter!!!
      Amanda
    • Chanda
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        I am new to the site and I am very interested in finding out more on
        my husbands family. I have been married to John Wayne Carswell since
        1994 and between myself and my in-laws, we are trying to find members
        of he family. Since father-in-laws situation makes it dificult to
        track people, I kind of need all the help I can get! I know he is
        from the Burke Co area and his fathers name is Clyde. I don't know
        anything about his mother. He has 4 or 5 brothers and 3 sisters. ( I
        think) They are scattered from here to Arizona. I would appreciate
        any help that you can give me on how to start finding people. Thank
        you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!!

        John and Chanda Carswell
      • emparson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
          Hi Chanda,
          That is a pretty name. I am so glad that you have joined our group. I
          have a few questions for you. Was your husband born in Burke County,
          NC. Would that be Clyde Cecil Carswell? I have a lot of books with
          information in them from Burke County, NC. I have a large print out
          of the deaths, births and marriages. and I do see a Clyde Cecil
          Carswell in here who and the mother was or is Bertha Lee Biggerstaff.
          The child's name was Cathie Dianne Carswell, born 03/22/1941.

          Then there is a Clyde Nolan Carswell, with mother Ethel Louise Moody,
          with a child Renae Lynn Carswell, born 06/15/1969. I don't know if
          any of this is any help. If you can give me a little more information
          so I will know where to start looking. If you know the age of his
          father. and just anything you do know. to put us in the right
          direction. Good luck. I hope you are sucessful in your search. Ellen

          --- In carswellsburkecountync@yahoogroups.com, "Chanda"