A message from Frank (and Barack)

  • carrollcountydems
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2009
      From: Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com <info@...>
      Subject: Visit Rep. Bartlett's office in Westminster
      To: "Frank Rammes" <frammes@...>
      Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 4:06 PM

      Organizing for America
      Frank --

      All throughout August, our members of Congress are back in town. Insurance companies and partisan attack groups are stirring up fear with false rumors about the President's plan, and it's extremely important that folks like you speak up now.

      So we've cooked up an easy, powerful way for you to make a big impression: Office Visits for Health Reform.

      All this week, OFA members like you will be stopping by local congressional offices to show our support for insurance reform. You can have a quick conversation with the local staff, tell your personal story, or even just drop off a customized flyer and say that reform matters to you.

      We'll provide everything you need: the address, phone number, and open hours for the office, information about how the health care crisis affects your state for you to drop off (with the option of adding your personal story), and a step-by-step guide for your visit.

      According to our records, you live near Rep. Roscoe Bartlett's office in Westminster, MD.

      Sign up now to visit Rep. Roscoe Bartlett's office in Westminster this week.

      (Not your representative, or think there might be another office that's easier for you to get to? Click here to find a different office.)

      As you've probably seen in the news, special interest attack groups are stirring up partisan mobs with lies about health reform, and it's getting ugly. Across the country, members of Congress who support reform are being shouted down, physically assaulted, hung in effigy, and receiving death threats. We can't let extremists hijack this debate, or confuse Congress about where the people stand.

      Office Visits for Health Reform are our chance to show that the vast majority of American voters know that the cost of inaction is too high to bear, and strongly support passing health reform in 2009.

      Don't worry if you've never done anything like this before. The congressional staff is there to listen, and your opinion as a constituent matters a lot. And if you bring a friend, you'll have more fun and make an even greater impact.

      Click below to sign up for an Office Visit for Health Reform:

      http://my.barackobama.com/OfficeVisit

      Wherever you live, these visits matter: Many representatives are pushing hard toward reform, and they are taking a lot of heat from special interests. They deserve our thanks and need our support to continue the fight. But those who are still putting insurance companies and partisan point-scoring ahead of their constituents must know that voters are watching -- and that we expect better.

      Earlier this week, the President wrote that "this is the moment our movement was built for" and asked us all to commit to join at least one event this month. This is the way to answer that call, and rise to the challenge of this moment together.

      Thank you for going the extra mile when it matters the most,

      Mitch

      Mitch Stewart
      Director
      Organizing for America

      Donate

      Paid for by Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic National Committee -- 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003. This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.