LOST WELD BISSET & FRANCIS FILMS RESURFACE AT CINEMASIRENS

  • elyungo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2010
      GREETINGS:
      In the last few months CINEMASIRENS.COM has been inundated with requests for movies that have apparently only seen the light of a projector. Therefore, we have been digging in and searching the global archives in an attempt to unearth that which has been remained buried in vaults for lo these many years and in May we present the first results of our endeavors:

      Although to this day the beautiful and talented ANNE FRANCIS is best remembered for playing second fiddle to a robot in the sci-fi flick THE FORBIDDEN PLANET and her starring stint in the TV series HONEY WEST, she has had a long and varied acting career. In the underrated period piece GIRL OF THE NIGHT she gives a vivid and acclaimed performance as a prostitute undergoing psychoanalysis.

      Also worth viewing but for an entirely different reason is the tepid trashy turkey entitled THE GREEK TYCOON. Based somewhat on the relationship between Aristotle Onassis and a certain President's widow, it stars ANTHONY QUINN and JACQUELINE BISSET as the star crossed lovers, and features exotic locations and an array of character actors in supporting roles.

      And finally, one of the most sought-after titles by avid cinephiles is the film adaptation of the Joan Didion book PLAY IT AS IT LAYS. In it the sultry TUESDAY WELD sheds her teen temptress image once and for all, and gives a stark and compelling performance as a Hollywood actress in search of herself amid the vapid and narcisstic terrain of Los Angeles and the movie industry she works in.

      For more information on ordering go to www.cinemasirens.com and for a great collection of TUESDAY WELD photos visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/CinemaSirens/93719705291