CULT CLASSICS CULTIVATE FANS AT CINEMASIRENS IN MAY

  • elyungo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2009
      GREETINGS:
      We never cease to be surprised at the responses we get to certain movies posted for sale at CINEMASIRENS.COM. Although we have always tried to find rare and unique titles which are either out of circulation or have fallen under the radar of distributors, the hits and misses over the years can be startling to say the least. In the month of May it was primarily the most unusual, and in some cases, ridiculously bad missing-in-action cult films that attracted the most attention. Although we love the ladies who are featured in these flicks, we are still a bit astounded at the following they get, In order of popularity they are:

      THE LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE-(1968) Starring Kim Novak, Peter Finch, Ernest Borgnine.
      A has-been Hollywood director molds a young actress into the image of his late movie star wife for a screen biography. This film marked the comeback of Kim Novak but was a box office disaster. In some places its so flamboyantly over-the-top awful it has since become a cult classic and rarely shown or available to the public.Truly one of those films that must be seen to be fully understood.

      CAN HIERONYMUS MERKIN EVER FORGET MERCY HUMPPE AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS? - (1969) Starring Anthony Newley, Joan Collins, Connie Kreski, Milton Berle
      Anthony Newley's tour-de-farce – he wrote, directed, produced, starred in and wrote the songs for it – won the Golden Turkey Award when it came out in 1969. A big layout in Playboy magazine featured Playmate of the Year Connie Kreski – the titular Humppe – and helped fill the movie houses. Filled with self-conscious flashbacks,psychedelic camera tricks, and plenty of naked females.

      B.S. I LOVE YOU - (1971) Starring JoAnna Cameron, Peter Kastner, Joanna Barnes
      The story concerns a young adman who not only loves his job, but enjoys success in his job due to his success in lovemaking. Notable for introducing future Saturday morning heroine Cameron (ISIS) and for her uninhibited provocative performance as a sexual carnivore. This is the unedited version seen in theatres but cut down for broadcasts due to its breast baring sequences.

      For those of you who have either been searching for the above features over the years or are merely curious, we direct you to our site WWW.CINEMASIRENS.COM for more information. There are more surprises coming in the next few months which include more rarities and photos so please visit and tell your like minded friends about our offerings. As always, we thank our enthusiastic customers and fans for their continued support.