Donald Burton

  • austerlitzuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008
      I understand that the death has been announced of Donald, who was
      Carroll's husband.

      I am sure all members send their condolances.
    • Mateja
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008
        Thank you for the information. I didn't know it....

        Anyway, this is all I could found about it.

        *****
        British actor Donald Burton, husband Carroll Baker, dies at 73

        CATHEDRAL CITY, CALIF (AP) -- Donald Burton, a British actor and
        husband of Carroll Baker, has died. He was 73.

        Burton died of emphysema Dec. 8 at his home in this desert town south
        of Palm Springs, his widow said.

        "We would have celebrated our thirtieth anniversary on March 10," said
        Baker, who starred in "Baby Doll" and "The Carpetbaggers."

        Burton was born Feb. 10, 1934, in Norwich, England. He won a
        scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. For many years he
        was a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company, appearing in such plays
        as "Hamlet," "Henry IV, Part Two" and "The War of the Roses."

        His contemporary plays included "Educating Rita" and "How the Other
        Half Loves." He was also busy in television, with such shows as
        "Upstairs, Downstairs," "The Duchess of Duke Street," "Fraud Squad"
        and "Public Eye."

        Besides his wife, Burton was survived by three adult children from
        previous marriages.
        *****

        I hope Carroll is ok. Btw, does anyone know where I can find any
        recent photo of her?