egroups mailing lists

  • AmyAnn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2000
      I received the message at the bottom of my comments from egroups this
      morning. Egroups (which took over onlist earlier this year) is now merging
      with Yahoo. They claim that their service will maintain high standards,
      however then the say of Yahoo. My experience with yahoo is best described
      as a ya-hoo. They like to handle things via automated notes and they don't
      care to check to see it the automated note allies to the question posed ;-(.

      I hope that this will work out well, but if it doesn't we will always be
      able to find other options and paths to achieve our goals. This comes on
      the heals of the information that rootsweb (and it's various mailing lists)
      have merged with the for profit company of Ancestry.com. This may indicate
      a real bumpy ride ahead based on the fact that the service out of
      webring.org and gone down hill since it was taken over by yahoo.

      Patience is the key while the transition is taking place and a wait and see
      attitude is called for. I hope that this is a good move for all our
      mailing lists and opens up options which were not available. However it is
      narrowing the choices out there on the web and I am sure will increase the
      need of advertising on the mailing lists.

      AmyAnn
      List Owner
      ----------

      Dear eGroups Moderator:

      eGroups is very pleased to announce that we are joining the Yahoo! family of
      services! To learn more about the announcement, you can read the press
      release at http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000628/ca_yahoo.html

      As a group moderator, you can assure your group members that eGroups and
      Yahoo! will continue to provide the same level of service and commitment
      that you have come to expect from both companies. We are very excited
      about extending the opportunities and new offerings that will emerge
      from this relationship to you and your group. We're just beginning to
      explore the possibilities and new features that we'll be able to offer
      as a combined company. As we go through this process, we pledge to
      solicit your feedback on any proposed changes and keep you up-to-date on
      any changes to the eGroups service.

      We are committed to sharing accurate and timely information with you
      about the service and the merger as it becomes available, but at this
      time, we don't have any specific details beyond what's included in the
      press release. We will keep you posted, but in the meantime, please
      continue to use the service as normal.

      Thank you,

      The folks at eGroups and Yahoo! Customer Care

      AmyAnn Dawson

      AmyAnn's Hideaway
      http://home.att.net/~a_jd.78687/index.html