changes in mailing list policy

  • Amy78687
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2004
      Hello,
      Due to some suspicious activity on the mailing group membership in
      the last few days, I have decided to restrict the membership from
      open membership to membership via approval. This will not change
      anything as far as how the list is run from your member perspective
      however it should cut down unwanted messages popping up on the list.

      I have also placed suspicious email addresses on a moderated status
      and once I have seen that they are real genealogy researchers I will
      remove the moderated restrictions (assuming I don't have a rash of
      membership cancellations once this message gets out).

      If this doesn't do the trick we will c\have to look into other
      options.

      AmyAnn
      List moderator
    • Margaret Ross
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2004
        Thanks Amyann. I know what you mean, I have to clean out my email once a
        day. There is so much junk on it

        Margaret.