Robert Carruthers of E. Pennsborough

  • AmyAnn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
      Robert Carruthers of E. Pennsborough
      b. 7 April 1690 Paisley Scotland
      d. 1771 Cumberland Co., PA
      Will names two children - John Carruthers and Janet/Jannet Carruthers Nailor
      I have been told that the land mentioned in this will is the same land John
      Carothers (wife Sarah ) left to his children in 1783 (will proved 1783).
      Some of the land was left in John's son Andrew to his heirs. I have seen a
      couple of different John Carothers (what ever spelling) listed as the son of
      Robert of E. Pennsborough, however if this land issue is the case does
      anyone know if John who married Sarah Neely is indeed the sone of Robert of
      E. Pennsborough?

      Thanks
      AmyAnn
    • Margaret Ross
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
        Hi AmyAnn, I got this because my gggrandmother was a Carruthers. I can only
        direct you to Gary Carruther in Australia. His address is
        garcan1@.... So give it a try. He was pretty depressed the last time
        I talked to him. He had 50,000 names in his Carruthers database. So I hope
        he will help you.

        Margaret
      • AmyAnn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
          Not that I am aware of they were from E. Pennsborough, Cumberland Co., PA

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
            I will email him today - Thanks!

            > Hi AmyAnn, I got this because my gggrandmother was a Carruthers. I can
            only
            > direct you to Gary Carruther in Australia. His address is
            > garcan1@.... So give it a try. He was pretty depressed the last
            time
            > I talked to him. He had 50,000 names in his Carruthers database. So I hope
            > he will help you.
            >
            > Margaret

          • julieanne