Re: [Carnival Glass Circle] Rose Show Plate

  • midwestpowerchutes
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
      Steve,

      Thank you for your help. The value certainly is a pleasant surprise.
      I was told by a 2 different dealers that it was a Rose Show Plate
      Aqua Opalescent. Both of them made offers to purchase it.

      We have had it for over 40 years and it is in mint condition.

      Thanks for your help,
      Debbie
      --- In carnivalglasscircle@yahoogroups.com, steve gill
      <steve_liverpool2001@y...> wrote:

      > Hi a bit more for you, the Northwood book and the Encyclopedia of
      Carnival Glass give a figure in excess of $10,000 for this plate.

      > I have also checked the Dave Doty website, www.ddoty.com Dave lists
      this as rare, with no price, which is a good indication that one has
      not been seen at auction for a while.

      > Regards
      >

      > Steve Gill
      >

      > midwestpowerchutes <midwestpowerchutes@h...> wrote: Hi,
      >
      > I just found this group and hoping someone could help.
      >
      > Just wondering if anyone has any information on a Rose Show Aqua
      > Opalescent Plate (Northwood)?
      >
      > I have not been successful finding out info on plates.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Debbie

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • midwestpowerchutes
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
        Steve,

        I have posted some pictures of the plate in the photo section on this
        group under Rose Show Plate. The pictures do not capture the color
        real well. The plate has an opal color around the edges of it.

        Just checking to see if anyone here agrees with the Aqua Opalescent
        color I was told by the other dealers. If not, what color?

        I realize it's hard to tell true colors by the pictures. I'm going
        to try and get a few better ones.

        Thanks,
        Debbie
      • steve_liverpool2001
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
          Debbie, would you believe this is the first time I have been on this
          site, I can't even remember setting up the account.
          Ok as for the plate, it looks to be ice-green not Aqua Opalescent. If
          you take a look at www.ddoty.com he has a Rose Show AO bowl right-
          hand photo, it has a marigold overlay. I am not saying that they all
          have this but marigold is a common overlay in opalescent pieces.
          Whatever it is the plate has a wow to it. You are very lucky to own
          it.
          Would you mind emailing me the photo's, with your permission, I can
          put them to the www cga (carnival glass association) and have the
          members take a look and give their opinion. Most of the main
          collectors are members and some very knowledgable CG people are among
          them.

          Steve

          --- In carnivalglasscircle@yahoogroups.com, "midwestpowerchutes"
          <midwestpowerchutes@h...> wrote:
          > Steve,
          >
          > I have posted some pictures of the plate in the photo section on
          this
          > group under Rose Show Plate. The pictures do not capture the color
          > real well. The plate has an opal color around the edges of it.
          >
          > Just checking to see if anyone here agrees with the Aqua Opalescent
          > color I was told by the other dealers. If not, what color?
          >
          > I realize it's hard to tell true colors by the pictures. I'm going
          > to try and get a few better ones.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Debbie
        • Sherin Osborn
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2003
            I agree with the ice-green color. If you search doty's site for aqua opalescent....you will be able to see the difference. It's gorgeous anyway, and ice green is not a common color either.

          • midwestpowerchutes
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
              Thanks for the information. I will pass the info on.

              --- In carnivalglasscircle@yahoogroups.com, Sherin Osborn