"WG" marking

  • beej_1863
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2002
      A part of my mother's collection has what seems to be a cookie jar -
      with the marking og a "W" and a "G" superimposed on each other on the
      underside of the lid - and on the center of the underside of the
      jar. Who would this manufacturer be?

      Thanks.
    • singsfp
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2002
        --- In carnivalglasscircle@y..., "beej_1863" <beej@s...> wrote:
        > A part of my mother's collection has what seems to be a cookie jar -

        > with the marking og a "W" and a "G" superimposed on each other on
        the
        > underside of the lid - and on the center of the underside of the
        > jar. Who would this manufacturer be?
        >
        > Thanks.

        That mark would be Westmoreland Glass Co. This may help with marks.
        The Westmoreland one is towards the bottom. Sandy

        Visit me:http://www.tias.com/stores/sfp

        http://www.woodsland.com/carnivalglass/pages/trade2.htm
      • singsfp
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2002
          --- In carnivalglasscircle@y..., "singsfp" <singsfp@y...> wrote:
          > --- In carnivalglasscircle@y..., "beej_1863" <beej@s...> wrote:
          > > A part of my mother's collection has what seems to be a cookie
          jar -

          > > with the marking og a "W" and a "G" superimposed on each other on
          > the
          > > underside of the lid - and on the center of the underside of the
          > > jar. Who would this manufacturer be?
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          >
          > That mark would be Westmoreland Glass Co. This may help with marks.
          > The Westmoreland one is towards the bottom. Sandy
          >
          > Visit me:http://www.tias.com/stores/sfp
          >
          > http://www.woodsland.com/carnivalglass/pages/trade2.htm

          I must also say that Westmoreland is highly collectible. Sandy