Fwd: [SCUTTLEBUTT:10109] The Ugly Journey of Our Trash

  • Bruce Potter at IRF
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013

      From: Trisha Badger | World Ocean Observatory <tbadger@...>
      Subject: [SCUTTLEBUTT:10109] The Ugly Journey of Our Trash
      Date: March 15, 2013 10:20:55 AM EDT
      To: SCUTTLEBUTT <scuttlebutt@...>

      Hello friends,

      We wanted to share this Project Aware marine debris info-graphic now available to embed on your site or blog or as a printable version for classroom, campus, or other public spaces. "The Ugly Journey of our Trash" is a powerful tool to explain how different kinds of debris threaten marine life. The journey of our garbage is indeed an ugly one: it is estimated that more than 6 million tons of trash ends up in the ocean each year. While we still don't know enough about this serious threat to ocean health, we do know that most of the trash starts with us: on land.

      If you're interested in a copy of "The Ugly Journey Of Our Trash" click here for print-friendly PDF version. Also
      available in German.

      Best Regards,

      The World Ocean Observatory Team
      www.WorldOceanObservatory.org