Fwd: EXPLORING THE SEA WORLD

  • Potter at Island Resources
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2005
      Just for information purposes --- no particular endorsement involved,
      and if you are interested in this resource, I suggest you first check
      out the very nice CORAL REEF teaching program that Laura Picard
      Kingsbury <laurapicard@...> produced at the Caribbean
      Conservation Association five or six years ago. .these course
      projects have already been vetted by the CARICOM education
      authorities. Probably the person at CCA to contact would be Andree
      Griffith <outreach@...>.

      best wishes

      bruce potter

      >Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:03:26 -0700 (PDT)
      >From: Byron Jordan <sealabmanual@...>
      >Subject: EXPLORING THE SEA WORLD
      >Sender: owner-scuttlebutt@...
      >To: scuttlebutt@...
      >
      >For secondary teachers who wish to develop or implement programs of
      >instruction in the marine sciences, I am offering a 900-page
      >comprehensive teacher lab manual EXPLORING THE SEA WORLD. It is
      >based on my doctoral dissertation and 28 years of teaching this
      >discipline at precollege levels. The manual contains 48 realistic,
      >student-friendly activities and exercises in 6 content areas (with
      >answer keys). Two CD's are enclosed for use in the activities on
      >the sounds of sea life (A Sea Symphony) and surf (All About Waves)
      >at no extra charge. I have 2 websites (linked) with an order form
      >and additional substantive information:
      >
      ><http://sealabmanual.tripod.com>http://sealabmanual.tripod.com
      >, or
      >
      ><http://members2.1stnetusa.com/~sealabmanual>http://members2.1stnetusa.com/~sealabmanual
      >
      >Byron E. Jordan, EdD., 16722 Pineridge Dr., Granada Hills, CA , 91344
      >Tel: (818)366-2371; e-mail:
      ><mailto:sealabmanual@...>sealabmanual@...

      -- -- -- -- -- - Island Resources Foundation -- -- -- -- --
      DC Office: 1718 "P" Street NW, Suite T-4, Wash., DC 20036
      202-265-9712; fax 202-232-0748; cell 410-271-6970
      Offices in Tortola and St. Thomas