SustainUS Citizen Science Competition

  • mangrove@candw.ky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2005
      Hi Guys

      FYI

      Martin

      Dear Mr. Keeley

      I’m writing as a representative of SustainUS, the U.S. youth network
      for sustainable development. Our Citizen Science program is
      launching a sustainable development science writing competition for
      young people, and we believe that either members of the National Marine
      Educators Association or their students may be interested in entering. We
      would greatly appreciate your cooperation in forwarding the text below on
      to members in your region and anyone else who may be interested in the
      competition. The application is available online at
      http://www.sustainus.org/mambo/cs/csapplication.pdf

      Thank you for your help.

      Catherine Manzo
      SustainUS Steering Committee

      Citizen Science, the science and technology program of SustainUS, is
      pleased to announce the first-ever CITIZEN SCIENTIST science writing
      competition for young people (ages 13-26) in the United States. The
      best scientific papers written for a general audience on any topic
      relating to the economic, social, or environmental dimensions of
      sustainable development will be published in the Citizen Science
      online journal. Authors will receive a free magazine subscription
      and have an exclusive opportunity to present their respective ideas
      at the United Nations. Competition details are available online at:
      http://www.sustainus.org/mambo/cs/csapplication.pdf

      For more information about SustainUS, visit www.SustainUS.org