The Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute and CARIBWA

  • Martin Keeley & Claudette Upton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2000
      Hi everyone

      I just heard back from Bob Glazer that ther Board of Directors of The Gulf
      and Caribbean Fisheries Institute are entusiastic about partnering with
      CARIBWA to support travel, etc. to the GCFI conferences.

      The only fly in the ointment, as far as I can see, is thast there AGM in
      2001 will be from 12
      November through 17 November -- which is a bit late in the year for me -- I
      don't know about anyone else. NMEA in 2001 is July 17 to 22 in Victoria,
      British Columbia. I will certainly be going as this is my old stomping
      grounds.

      The GCFI annual meeting will, as I mentioned in a previous e-mail, be held
      in Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands. When I asked him about
      inexpensive housing (which we need) he said this is also a problem for many
      of GCFI attnedees. They have been working on grants to support delegate's
      travel and were relatively successful for this year's meeting.

      Several other folks have offered to host CARIBWA 2001, but I thought I'd
      send this out for your perusal before sending you an analysis of other
      possible "hosts". Following is info. about Bob Glazer:

      Robert Glazer
      Chairman
      Board of Directors
      Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute

      Associate Research Scientist
      Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
      Florida Marine Research Institute
      2796 Overseas Highway, Ste. 119
      Marathon, FL 33050
      USA
      305-289-2330
      305-289-2334 (fax)
      bob.glazer@...

      cheers, Martin

      Martin A. Keeley
      Education Director, Mangrove Action Project
      Gen. Delivery, Watering Place P.O.
      Cayman Brac
      Cayman Islands
      Tel: (345) 948-0319