      From: JRobbins@...
      To: glispa-discuss@...
      Subject: [GLISPA Discuss] FW: Promoting Island Conservation
      Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:24:24 +0000

      Dear GLISPA-discuss, please see below information about the ARKive website.: www.arkive.org

      Dear Jessica Robbins,

      I work for a global environmental charity, Wildscreen, on their biggest education and outreach programme – ARKive. Wildscreen works to promote a greater public appreciation of the world’s biodiversity and the conservation of nature, through the power of wildlife imagery. Wildscreen’s flagship initiative, ARKive, is a unique online collection of the very best films and photographs of over 15,700 species of the world’s wildlife, providing a stunning audio-visual record of life on Earth, freely accessible to all at www.arkive.org.

      Our latest pages on islands and Indian Ocean islands draw together a collection of some of our most charismatic island species, looks at the importance of islands, the unique range of threats that face species that live on islands and examples of conservation actions that are being successfully carried out, as well as highlighting the key islands and island groups of the Indian Ocean. The pages aim to raise interest and awareness of island biodiversity and threats. A key part of this project is to drive our visitors on to other conservation organisations, where they can learn more about the conservation work that is currently being carried out.

      I was wondering whether ARKive, and specifically this new content, may be of interest to the Global Island Partnership and your network. We are really keen to make sure that as many people as possible around the world are aware of this free resource, so any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

      Please have a look at our new pages at: http://www.arkive.org/habitats/islands/ and http://www.arkive.org/habitats/islands/indian-ocean-islands/

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Thanks for your time and best wishes,

      Jemma

      --
      Jemma Pealing
      ARKive Media Researcher

      Wildscreen
      Ground Floor
      | The Rackhay | Queen Charlotte Street | Bristol | BS1 4HJ | UK
      (t) +44 (0)117 328 5976 (f) +44 (0)117 328 5955 (e) Jemma.Pealing@... (w) www.wildscreen.org.uk

      ARKIVE - Discover and learn about the world’s endangered animals and plants – what they look like, what they’re special and why we need to protect them

      'Promoting conservation through wildlife imagery'

      Wildscreen's principal initiatives are the Wildscreen Festival www.wildscreenfestival.org the world's largest and most prestigious wildlife & environmental film festival and ARKive www.arkive.org the definitive collection of films and photographs of endangered species from around the globe, freely accessible online. We also deliver WildPhotos www.wildphotos.org.uk an annual nature photography symposium and WildFilmHistorywww.wildfilmhistory.org an online guide to the pioneering people and landmark productions behind one hundred years of wildlife filmmaking.

      Wildscreen is a Registered Charity, No 299450   Information contained in this email is intended for the use of the addressee only, and is confidential. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited. Please delete it from your system if you have received it by mistake. The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While Wildscreen has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, it cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.

      Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this?