Mapping Carfree Casualties

  • Colin Leath
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      I've put together a demo site about how we might be able to easily keep a map/ construct a memorial of people hit by motor vehicles.

      I doubt the way I've set things up there is the best way to do it. But I think this is something that needs to happen. Imagine if all the worldwide fatalities and injuries were mapped and labelled and just kept piling up--and if you could zoom in on any area and find the stories about the people killed or injured there.

      The casualty reported on the biketour list -- in addition to happening to walk by two hit pedestrians laying in the street in two days -- a year of reading about pedestrian deaths in the local paper and doing nothing about them -- and the violence we all live in being near car drivers -- and being hit myself -- pushed me to do this.

      Please help me figure out something more workable than the current approach.

      Peace,
      Colin

      --
      Contribute to the blog, calendar, & maps at
      SD/TJ Design, Plant, Harvest: