SDcarfree

  • carfreeworldview
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2009
      Hi there,

      I'm thrilled to see a car-free group here in San Diego. I recently
      moved to Del Mar from Davis (Northern California). I loved being
      car-free in Davis. I've tried to emulate the same lifestyle here in
      San Diego.

      I want to share this knowledge and help people go car-free or
      car-lite. I just created this guide to living car-free in the San
      Diego region - SDcarfree (http://sdcarfree.com/). Eventually, if
      there is demand, I would like to turn this into a business: car-free
      consulting. :)

      I would appreciate any website suggestions. Might anyone know of
      other local car-free networks or organization? Let me know if there
      are some links (blogs, advocacy) you think I should add to the list.

      Cheers,

      Christa
    • Michael Brennan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18 1:22 PM
        Hi Christa,

        Thanks for sharing your website, it appears to be stocked with fantastic information for us car-free folks in San Diego. Your email is very timely as we are a about a month away from World Carfree Day on September 22. If anyone is knows of or is interested in creating an event for San Diego please let me know. I would like to contact a few other organizations (movesandiego.org, MTS, San Diego Bike Coalition, etc.) to see what we might be able to do. I have a contact for movesandiego.org but do not have one at MTS or the Bike Coalition. If anyone has contacts from these or other organizations please share! Ideas?

        Michael Brennan
        619.995.1306