      From: Colin Leath <colinleath@...>
      To: carfreesd@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:03:00 PM
      Subject: [carfreesd] Slideshow with main theme of car-related businesses on El Cajon Blvd

      Hi--I'm not sure how interesting this will be to you, but perhaps it could inspire something that is clearly more interesting.
      I got to walking back from Point Loma to near SDSU. Instead of taking the trolley, I decided to walk (to save $2..50, partly, and to practice walking).

      I got to taking photos along the way. On El Cajon Blvd, I tried to take a picture of every business that was related to cars (with a few other miscellaneous things thrown in).

      Of note is that at least some of these places are closing down--the massive Ford dealership shut down and some smaller ones.

      The first photos are from a walk to PB the previous day.

      http://picasaweb. google.com/ colinleath/ PointLomaElCajon Blvd20090126

      The main message may be that perhaps up to 3/4 of the business on that street have to do with car sales, maintenance, fueling, legal issues, etc.

      Peace & a smile,
      Colin

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic