      From: Colin Leath <colinleath@...>
      To: "Bledsoe, Greg (NBC Universal, KNSD)" <greg.bledsoe@...>
      Cc: carfreesd@yahoogroups.com; sdtjdph.carfrees2@...
      Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:39:15 AM
      Subject: [carfreesd] RE: car free day

      I'm sorry not to have been available in time--and the truth is I wasn't aware of any SD world carfree day happenings (been focused elsewhere for a while now). I've passed info on about this contact to the carfreesd list & blog--it could help motivate someone to organize something for next year.

      There are every so often carfree-related events organized by different groups (critical mass, bike happenings, reclaim the streets) . . . San Diego would benefit from collaboration between these groups and others with a similar interest: WalkSD, SD County Bicycle Coalition, San Diego River, MTS, SurfRiders (and many others) to do something on 9/22.