139RE: [carfreesd] what you can do on a street with no cars

  • Larry Hogue
    Sep 19, 2008

      Hi Michael,

      I’ve e-mailed the link to the video to Donna Frye’s office. I’d say, as a start, people should write their city councilpeople. Some of them are lame ducks, so they may not be able or willing to do much right now. Faulconer and Atkins (and her successor) should be key, since I’d guess theirs are the two districts that are best suited for this kind of event.

      The SD County Bicycle Coalition (which I just joined) could also weigh in, if they’re interested. (I just did their Bike the Bay event, which was fun, and involved closing down lanes of the Coronado bridge.) If anyone here has connections with that group, you could contact them.

      WalkSan Diego is another group that should be interested. I have to contact them on another topic anyway, so I’ll bring this up.

      -Larry Hogue