      From: Larry Hogue <lhogue1@...>
      To: carfreesd@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:45:05 AM
      Subject: [carfreesd] Summer Streets in New York

      Thought the group might be interested in this report on New York ’s Summer Streets event, which shuts down a long stretch of Park Ave. to cars on several Saturdays. Sounds like the event was a huge success. It would be great to have something like it hear in S.D. – but where? Gaslamp? 6th Avenue from Hillcrest to downtown?

      http://la.streetsbl og.org/2008/ 08/12/recapping- nycs-summer- streets/

      For those of you who don’t already read it, la.streetsblog and its New York parent, streetsblog, make good reading on transportation issues. The New York streetsblog and the Livable Streets organization have actually had a huge impact on transportation planning in NYC.

      -Larry Hogue

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3356 (20080814) __________

      http://www.eset. com

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic