Don't get out the "divorce papers" just yet

  • Robert Madison
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060801/ap_on_go_ot/driving_americans

      I guess my main concern isn't so much that the public has a "love
      affair" with the automobile. It's that our policymakers have such a
      love affair (or is it really more of a matter of prostitution?) with
      the automobile.

      The recent heat wave still hasn't made the folks in charge wake up and
      realize that it is global warming, caused, in part, by vehicle
      emmissions, that is causing this mess. Instead, policies for most new
      development is still based on how well the automobile can be
      accommodated. I guess we'll never get it until it's too late.
    • Todd Edelman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
        > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060801/ap_on_go_ot/driving_americans
        >
        > I guess my main concern isn't so much that the public has a "love
        > affair" with the automobile. It's that our policymakers have such a
        > love affair (or is it really more of a matter of prostitution?) with
        > the automobile.

        YEAH, but who elects the policymakers?

        - T

        Todd Edelman
        Director
        Green Idea Factory

        ++420 605 915 970

        edelman@...
        http://www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain

        Green Idea Factory,
        a member of World Carfree Network
      • Markus Heller
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
          > YEAH, but who elects the policymakers?

          unfortunately, for most people the carfree subject (as transport / mobility
          in general) plays no important role in elections ... people want jobs
          Markus
          www.autofrei-wohnen.de/homeEngl.html