Welcome to the "Lots Less Cars in Cities Video Library".

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2006
      Just in case you might find this useful, this is to invite you to visit the new
      and still very incomplete "Lots <http://www.youtube.com/group/carfree> Less
      Cars in Cities Video Library". It is one of a cluster of five such libraries we
      have just set up under the New Mobility Agenda and its various focus programs.
      You will see how all that works just below and you can click directly to either
      the Less Cars or and of the other libraries.

      If you have any videos on car free cities and related projects, it would be much
      appreciated if you might add them here. Also if you have any comments or
      suggestions for us on this, they would be most welcome. Especially since we are
      just getting going on this.

      Eric Britton

      PS. Two I like particularly are (a) a report on a Pedestrian Congestion Charge
      project in Edinburgh to which you can click direct via
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeRDRmEQMPk>
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeRDRmEQMPk It carries the legend: "You are now
      entering Edinburgh City Centre's new Pedestrian Congestion Charging Zone" and
      shows how this excellent concept can be put to work. After all, you use it, you
      should pay for it. Eh? More good value in the Vancouver "How to Build Your Own
      Car Park" project that you can also see in the Less Cars library, or direct via
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vv34N4-2VY
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vv34N4-2VY&search=%22car%20park%22>
      &search=%22car%20park%22. Nice to see people using their heads.

      The New Mobility Agenda: on line at http://www.newmobility.org

      Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris, France

      Tel: +331 4326 1323 +338 7044 0343 Skype: newmobility

      The New Mobility Advisory/Briefs. Do you know about them?

      Maybe you should: http://www.newmobilityadvisory.org

      <http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMobilityAgenda>

      1. New <http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMobilityAgenda> Mobility Video Library

      What you have here is for now what we call a thinking exercise. The idea is to
      play with the site a bit and see if in good order we can create a useful shared
      video library offering independent evidence in support of the New Mobility
      Agenda at http://www.newmobility.org and its associated collaborative programs.
      My thought was to begin by plugging What you have here is for now what we call a
      thinking exercise. The idea is to play with the site a bit and see if in good
      order we can create a useful shared video library offering independent evidence
      in support of the New Mobility Agenda at http://www.newmobility.org and its
      associated collaborative programs. My thought was to begin by plugging in a
      first set of films, and then to think together about the internal organization
      of the site so that people will have rapid access to the topic areas of
      particular interest to them (examples, carsharing, economic instruments, cycle
      support, public spaces, etc.) And then only when we are confident that this is
      going to be easy to use and useful, should we take it public? Your reactions?

      Related New Mobility Video Library Groups:
      * New Mobility Agenda - http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMob ilityAgenda
      . World Carshare Consortium - http://www.youtube.com/group/carsha re
      * Old Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmob ility
      * Global South Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/global south
      * Lots Less Cars in Cities Video Library - http://www.youtube.com/group/carfre e
      ... (more <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> ) (less
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> )

      Tags:

      Sustainable transport, cities, walk, cycle, public space

      Created: July 12, 2006, 08:23 AM
      10 <http://www.youtube.com/groups_members?name=NewMobilityAgenda> Members | 15
      Videos <http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=NewMobilityAgenda> | 1 Topics
      <http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMobilityAgenda>

      <http://www.youtube.com/group/carshare>

      2. World <http://www.youtube.com/group/carshare> Carshare Video Library

      This dedicated library is a working sub-set of the New Mobility Agenda Video
      Library -- and in turn of the New Mobility Agenda program at
      http://www.newmobility.org and the World Carshare Consortium at
      http://worldcarshare.com.. We have to figure out best way to stock and link for
      efficiency, transparency, and easy use. For now this is begin organ This
      dedicated library is a working sub-set of the New Mobility Agenda Video Library
      -- and in turn of the New Mobility Agenda program at http://www.newmobility.org
      and the World Carshare Consortium at http://worldcarshare.com.. We have to
      figure out best way to stock and link for efficiency, transparency, and easy
      use. For now this is begin organized as a collegial invitation-only activity
      under World Carshare during the development or "thinking exercise" stage. Once
      we have something worthy in hand, we can figure out together what we should do
      next.

      Related New Mobility Video Libraries:
      * New Mobility Agenda - http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMob ilityAgenda
      . World Carshare Consortium - http://www.youtube.com/group/carsha re
      * Old Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmob ility
      * Global South Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/global south
      * Lots Less Cars in Cities Video Library - http://www.youtube.com/group/carfre e
      ... (more <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> ) (less
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> )

      Tags:

      carshare, carsharing, car-share, shared-car

      Created: July 13, 2006, 02:12 AM
      3 Members <http://www.youtube.com/groups_members?name=carshare> | 6 Videos
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=carshare> | 0 Topics
      <http://www.youtube.com/group/carshare>

      <http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmobility>

      3. Old <http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmobility> Mobility Evidence (Oops)

      This is intended to work as a supporting subset of the New Mobility Agenda video
      library site here and the full NMA program at http://www.newmobility.org. (If
      you are not sure as to what "old mobility" means in this context, we can refer
      you to http://www.ecoplan.org/briefs/general/old-mobility.htm from the New
      Mobility Advisory/Briefs program This is intended to work as a supporting subset
      of the New Mobility Agenda video library site here and the full NMA program at
      http://www.newmobility.org. (If you are not sure as to what "old mobility" means
      in this context, we can refer you to http://www.ecoplan.org/briefs/gener
      al/old-mobility.htm from the New Mobility Advisory/Briefs program at
      http://www.newmobilityadvisory.org.

      In the following we are still very much at the play and think stage here. And as
      with the other sub-sets here (including till now: Old Mobility, New Mobility,
      and World Carshare) part of our challenge is not only to seek striking examples
      of both problems and solutions, but also to lay the whole thing out in a way
      that makes it easy to navigate, view and learn from. For now this is begin
      organized as a collegial invitation-only activity during the development or
      "thinking exercise" stage. Once we have something worthy in hand, we can see
      what we will do next.

      Related video library Groups:
      * New Mobility Agenda - http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMob ilityAgenda
      . World Carshare Consortium - http://www.youtube.com/group/carsha re
      * Old Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmob ility
      * Global South Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/global south
      ... (more <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> ) (less
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> )

      Tags:

      traffic, congestion, accidents, pollution, global warming,

      Created: July 13, 2006, 02:34 AM
      4 Members <http://www.youtube.com/groups_members?name=oldmobility> | 62 Videos
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=oldmobility> | 0 Topics
      <http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmobility>

      <http://www.youtube.com/group/globalsouth>

      4. Global <http://www.youtube.com/group/globalsouth> South Mobility Library

      This "Global South Mobility" section of the New Mobility Agenda video collection
      provides a collection of private views of both the problems (most of which based
      on the results of the imported car-based, "old mobility" model from the North)
      and the Global South's search for new and often original and surprising
      solutions. And as with the This "Global South Mobility" section of the New
      Mobility Agenda video collection provides a collection of private views of both
      the problems (most of which based on the results of the imported car-based, "old
      mobility" model from the North) and the Global South's search for new and often
      original and surprising solutions. And as with the other sub-sets here
      (including till now: Old Mobility, New Mobility, and World Carshare) part of our
      challenge is not only to seek striking examples of both problems and solutions,
      but also to lay the whole thing out in a way that makes it easy to navigate,
      view and learn from. For now this is begin organized as a private
      invitation-only activity during the development stage. Once we have something
      worthy in hand, we can see what we will do next.
      Related video library Groups:
      * New Mobility Agenda - http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMob ilityAgenda
      * World Carshare Consortium - http://www.youtube.com/group/carsha re
      * Old Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmob ility
      * Lots Less Cars in Cities Video Library - http://www.youtube.com/group/carfre e
      * Global South Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/global south
      ... (more <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> ) (less
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> )

      Tags:

      traffic, congestion, accidents, pollution, global warming,

      Created: July 13, 2006, 02:47 AM
      6 Members <http://www.youtube.com/groups_members?name=globalsouth> | 66 Videos
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=globalsouth> | 0 Topics
      <http://www.youtube.com/group/globalsouth>

      <http://www.youtube.com/group/carfree>

      4. Lots <http://www.youtube.com/group/carfree> Less Cars in Cities Video
      Library

      Independent video records of situations, actions, anomalies, and events taking
      place on the street in cities around the world. Please understand that this is
      not (exactly) an anti-car forum. But the shared goal behind all this: lots less
      cars in our cities, and cities that are healthier, safer and better places to
      live, work and for our children gr Independent video records of situations,
      actions, anomalies, and events taking place on the street in cities around the
      world. Please understand that this is not (exactly) an anti-car forum. But the
      shared goal behind all this: lots less cars in our cities, and cities that are
      healthier, safer and better places to live, work and for our children grow up
      in. Work very much in progress but already with plenty of room for you to get
      involved.
      Also see The Lots Less Cars in Cities Idea Factory at
      http://www.lotslesscars.org and the New Mobility Agenda at
      http://www.newmobility.org. .

      Related New Mobility Video Library Groups:
      * New Mobility Agenda - http://www.youtube.com/group/NewMob ilityAgenda
      * World Carshare Consortium - http://www.youtube.com/group/carsha re
      * Old Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/oldmob ility
      * Lots Less Cars in Cities Video Library - http://www.youtube.com/group/carfre e
      * Global South Mobility - http://www.youtube.com/group/global south

      ... (more <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> ) (less
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_my> )

      Tags:

      carfree days, bike, car-free, critical mass

      Created: July 16, 2006, 06:26 AM
      3 Members <http://www.youtube.com/groups_members?name=carfree> | 42 Videos
      <http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=carfree> | 1 Topics
      <http://www.youtube.com/group/carfree>

      <http://www.youtube.com/group/TransportationPoliti>

      5. The Politics of <http://www.youtube.com/group/TransportationPoliti>
      Transportation

      Transportation politics, planning and decision making. Live example of how thngs
      come about in democratic societies. (Eventually leading us perhaps some ideas as
      to how one might eventually influence them.)

      Tags:

      politics, transport, mayor, city hall, planning

      Created: July 21, 2006, 03:34 AM
      1 <http://www.youtube.com/groups_members?name=TransportationPoliti> Members |
      10 <http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=TransportationPoliti> Videos | 0
      <http://www.youtube.com/group/TransportationPoliti> Topics