Street Life

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2006
      "...One day, while I was walking to my office, a beggar gave me a
      friendly greeting, as if he knew me, as if we were equals, and after
      I turned into the office, joined his companion and resumed begging.
      Why is it so touching to be greeted like a friend by a beggar, rather
      than being asked for money? Because just as I would like to do for
      him, so he did for me: he asserted my humanity rather than
      classifying me as an object...."

      Debra Efroymson write from Dhaka about how mixing with the poor and
      proud alike on that city's teeming streets has given her hope for
      humanity.

      Read more in this latest addition to the New Colonist archives in
      http://www.newcolonist.com/streetlife.html

      http://www.rickrise.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.living-room.org