BBC programme "Urban Planet" / Your photos of urban growth

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2006
      Hi,

      Sorry for some duplication, but check out the following (I think the
      "special season" they refer to is called "Urban Planet"... has anyone been
      contacted for interviews, etc?

      - T

      ----

      YOUR PICTURES OF URBAN GROWTH

      China is growing at breakneck speed
      Humans are about to become a primarily urban species.

      Sometime in the next couple of years there will be more people living in
      cities than in rural areas.

      The pace of change over the last 50 years has swallowed up large tracts of
      countryside and transformed towns into cities, cities into megacities.

      The BBC is running a special season of features, quizzes, picture
      galleries and statistical guides starting next week and we would like your
      help.

      Have you any pictures showing the old and the new? We're interested in
      images that show the 'before and after' of urbanisation. Have you
      photographs of rural areas before the arrival of concrete? Send them to
      yourpics@...

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/5056158.stm

      Todd Edelman
      International Coordinator