Re: [carfree_cities] Fiji eco-project

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      Lloyd wrote:

      >Although this project seeks to
      > be
      > carbon neutral, the emissions from long-distance flights to Fiji are
      > likely to
      > overwhelm the good intentions.

      YES, I think this is an environmental nightmare BUT as you say a good
      model in one sense... an "island" does not have to be in the middle of the
      ocean, does it? Maybe they will do a "Part II" in a brownfield connected
      to the rest of the world by trains and bikepaths or a canal.

      Todd Edelman
      International Coordinator
      On the Train Towards the Future!

      Green Idea Factory