A quote

  • Lloyd Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006
      Although in reference to a different subject, I came across a quote in an
      article today that seemed relevant...

      "Every society lives with two kinds of moral problems: the ones it's ready to
      face, and the ones that will become clear or compelling only in retrospect.
      Human sacrifice, slavery, the subjugation of women—every tradition seems
      normal and indispensable until we're ready, morally and economically, to move
      beyond it."

      http://www.slate.com/id/2142547/nav/tap1/